• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just got a M38A1!

Fishtail

Nice looking jeep. You have a great starter vehicle there.
Mine is a 1953. Serial number 68014. Hood number is 20997729. This is an original unrestored vehicle. The letters are applied with the vinyl markings of the Vietnam era.
Does anyone make these vinyl decals? I know of a couple people making vinyl decals but the font is all wrong and they are too thin. My M715 has the original decals, but I need some for the M725 and M726, and the M38a1 for that matter. Mine is 2/54 del. and reg. number starting in 20100xxxx

Scott

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
David Allen Racing makes masks and vinyl sets

Decal sets would be $50(Jeep) + $25(trailer) = $75 total including shipping.
Paint mask sets are $75(Jeep) + $45(trailer) = $120 total

You can follow the directions from my decal page on how to order and pay, http://www.i2k.com/~schwarzd/order.htm
And for those of you who do not know this, DAR is an old school SS member, 67beast.

Amer-team

I forgot and it was too dark the other night, but it has a 12/53 date. Except for touch up on the stars and a few rusty spots, this jeep is original. I got it about 24 years ago from a rural fire department and it has a couple of updates, the vinyl numbers and the vinyl seat covers of the Vietnam era.

dmetalmiki

Here's my A1..Only had it about a month. the markings (to the jeep) are correct . the size not. But I only have a box of deuce/5ton stencills till later. But we wanted to get this ready (pre rally season actually) to support a charity meeting this weekend (rain forcast..No matter) Where I am supporting (and collecting) for a fund for a ten year old boy suffering "Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy.). The fund raise ( www.joelsquest.co.uk) is enable him to travel to the U.S.A. for a life changing operation....I wonder if any S.S. members might just meet up to encourage him or just say hello when we get him there. just a thought. I will post pictures of the meet on return from the event. I wanted to take my M62 wrecker truck but the organisers took fright saying it's too large.
Hence the "rush" to prepare a suitable (military looking) attraction in time.

Attachments

Amer-team

You have a nice looking M38A1 there.
In the photo of my jeep. The driver is Mary Kallenberger, medic with the 1 Med. Bn, 1st Division 65 - 66 out at Ft. Riley. The gentleman in the back seat is Luther Davis, 513 PIR, 17th AB, WW2 in the Battle of the Bulge. And the copilot is Alice Miller, female uniform collector extraordinaire, portraying a Korean War era nurse.

dmetalmiki

Thank you J. It really lump in throats me and makes us thankfull for what we do have. I will keep you informed and might start a seperate thread when I return saturday. Mebbe a few forlks could E.mail him?.. Just a thought I will know more on return from the fund raising event.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks