• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just won the bid on a MEP803A

Kvl00ej

I don't know if it helps but I drove 800 miles round trip with an 803 in the back of my 2014 Silverado 1500 quad cab with no issues. Just make sure your tires have good air pressure in them and you will have no issues. One caviot to my trip is I do have air bags on my truck for pulling my camper. It helped a lot in leveling the load but your suspension will take the 803 without bags just fine. I did speeds of 70-80 mph with no issues.

csheath

I picked up an MEP-803a from Atlanta a couple months ago. The only issue I had was that the lady doing the scheduling told me that I could only come one of two days the next week to pick up. I was going to Atlanta while evacuating from Matthew and REALLY needed to pick up on one of two days that didn't coincide with those I was given. They work every day there, but there are only two of them (one in the office, and one in the yard). I left a couple messages for the manager (the guy in the yard), and didn't get a callback for several days - so I called GL. Within two hours I had an appointment for pickup on a mutually agreeable day. They were very helpful once I arrived, end-loaded it into my cargo trailer, and let me hang out for a half hour while I secured everything.
The whole outfit seems a little screwed up to me. I called after lunch and the first person I talked to told me I had to make an online appointment for Warner Robbins. I tried to explain the unit said it was in Atlanta and she insisted that was what I had to do. So I made the appointment and received an email telling me my unit wasn't at that location. I called back and thought I had a more helpful person but 4 attempts to connect me to the Atlanta site got disconnected. They finally got me through to a managers voice mail that has so far gone unanswered. I tried the number provided back a few minutes ago and got the lady that claims to be in the Atlanta office. She says the guy is not there this week so I can't come get it until next week.

jagrdawger

I picked up an 803 in Minnesota last week. Mine was loaded on a 12' landscape trailer with the ramp left home. They set it on length ways, backed out, guided a time back to the skid and slid it to where I wanted it. The other guy picked his up with a half ton truck in much the same way. The guy that I met from GL lived almost in Canada. He travels around to many different posts to do the load outs. He had been in Texas or Arizona the week before and was heading to a southern location a day or two later. He was out of state on my first choice of dates, but the second date worked. The other guy had to be contacted and was not given much choice since I had a date locked and the GL guy lived 3 hours away.

Mine had 10 hours on the meter and a Reset sticker that said reset at 3 hours. Added oil, coolant, fuel and batteries out of my PU-794/G and she started almost immediately. ;) Checked for power at the convenience outlets then the rain came.

Last edited:

csheath

Finally got a call from someone at the Warner Robbins site. He tried to arrange to go to Atlanta to get me loaded on Friday but couldn't. He did give me the direct number for the guy that will load me next week so I can call him to set up a time.

JRM

off topic, but the vibration of it running in the bed of a truck is something awful- I thought it would be neat to have it ultra portable in the truck I never drive, but it vibrates so hard that my sun visors come down!

csheath

Interesting to know. Maybe a stall mat from tractor supply might help.

I plan to pick mine up next Thursday.

csheath

Tomorrow's my day. Confirmed with the lot manager I can pick up any time between 9-4 and he can load it end wise in my PU.

TrailLifeBill

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tomorrow's my day. Confirmed with the lot manager I can pick up any time between 9-4 and he can load it end wise in my PU.
Safe travels - hopefully you can time your trip to avoid Atlanta rush hour(s) traffic. Fortunately the route to the Truck Depot is pretty easy driving. Strap the heck out of it (in case of idiot drivers cutting you off/slamming on brakes). Send pics!!

csheath

Home safe. I think I'll stick a fork in this thread and start new with the check over and get ready of the machine.