• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kansas City Memorial Day weekend at the LIBERTY MEMORIAL

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
May 26th to 28th Everyone is invited to our annual Memorial Day rally at the only NATIONAL WWI memorial in the US. We start setting up Saturday at noon and go through Monday. Sunday we have front row seats for the fire works as the Kansas City Symphony plays down the hill from us. Camping on site but no RV hook ups. Some of us Monday will drive a few blocks to the KC Vietnam Memorial for their ceremony. You do not need to be a member of the MVPA to show up and display your MV, even modified are welcome. I will have the TFK set up and serve free breakfast Sunday and Monday.

Link shows the various events that will be going on. Vintage military vehicles adorn Liberty Memorial grounds
National World War I Museum - Upcoming Events
Celebration at the Station

davesgmc

I will prolly roll in sometime sunday with elmo and the ferret in tow. dont have to worry about the dog tag trailer any more, so no reason to go early. ELMO has changed a bit from last year, some of you havent seen him yet, he is starting to look pretty good.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The all metal hard top you did on Elmo came out great. It almost looks like you knew what you were doing!:mrgreen:

KCclay

One of our best events of the year. Everyone should come out and bring your favorite vehicle or two, three or four. Its worth the effort.

KsM715

I think Im going to need some help getting the M818 up and running. Needs new batteries and hasn't been started in over a year. Ive got a gen to swap out and I want to get the new exhaust manifold swapped out so I can get the stack behind the cab hooked up. I'd like todrive itup there this year but I doubt that will happen.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
mw mules, what all you bringing out to display?

KCclay is going to haul my Chemical Corps M146 with his M275 so there will be a 24087 big rig. I will duce it with the TFK, Jeff will have his there so will leave the bikes at home except for the Zill.

davesgmc

gonna have to wash the elmo real good, just used it to haul 7 tons of gravel to the wetern vehicle depot today. it drives real nice with 7 tons in it. and didnt even notice it was there power wise. it drove like a cadiliac, ran like a champ and leaks like a cadi too!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A little over a week away and figured out part of the TFK tarp has UV rotted on the roof.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
so,you just going to go to the tfk store and buy a new one?
I could but shipping from Germany is a killer. Going to try and talk Allan out of some of his vinyl tarp chunks. I all ready have the cement. The top is the only bad part so far.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I retired and still cannot make it, my part time retirement job is killing me...
Glen sorry to hear that, but you will be there in spirit or at least a lot of your parts will be!:p Plus that is a long way to drive just to hang out.