• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

kcgonzo on ebay

JohnnyReb

Has anyone done business with this guy? Is he one of us?
He has alot of M44 parts reasonably priced; however when I sent a question, the notice from ebay said the seller was from another site and that no language translation would be made.......
Kinda of spooked me....

JohnnyReb

Truly would not have been too concerned except for that stupid message from ebay....and the fact that he doesn't quote any shipping costs..

Thanks General.....know location of Symrna DE?
(Delaware?)

lacoda56

The last thing I bought off ebay was a set of the composite lights this guy lists all the time. His listing stated "No broken screws, no water sloshing around inside". There were no broken screws because no one ever tried to take them apart, and the water that had been in them had leaked out the cracks and dried up leaving behind a rusted mess, but technically they were as described. My fault for being stupid but I'll never buy anything from him or ebay again.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a 5-ton Airpak rebuild kit a couple of months ago. I received the item - New in the box as advertised. No complaints with the item itself. The shipping wasn't exactly speedy - took about two weeks. Shipping cost was fair - $5.55. His feedback rating seems quite good.

There was little correspondence whatsoever from the seller, though. I made payment with Paypal and sent a short note with instructions and a thank you. . . . I got back the standard email invoice with shipping cost. I did not receive feedback (I did leave feedback for him however.)

Overall, I got the item I wanted, in a reasonable amount of time. (just don't expect to be swapping a bunch of emails.)

BTW, it seems like he has pallets full of the same stuff. I see the same items relisted over and over and over.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I deal with ebay a lot, as a seller and less so as a buyer. I am paranoid about feedback, when I sell something, I NEVER gove feedback until the buyer has. I have a 100% feedback and there are too may quacks out there that won't tell you they were unhappy with the purchase until they give you the negative. So by holding my feedback, at least I can still retalliate to an undeserved negative.

Opie

I bought a pair of headlights from him this year. They arrived in as described condition, but took a little while. When asked, he indicated he's a contract snowplow driver for Delaware and had been pushing snow for a few days. I was satisfied doing business with him.

CGarbee

And as a buyer, I never leave feadback until the seller has since so often the seller seems to "forget" to leave feadback... I figure that the seller's feadback should concern how promptly I paid, mine is about the condition of the item compared to how it was listed, speed of shipping, and perhaps cost of shipping if it was out of line with what was expected... The feedback setup on Ebay allows both parties to respond to feedback that was left, so you can always put in a reply if you get that negative... Not that I've had to resort to this as a seller or a buyer...

As far as the original question: I've purchased several items from kcgonzo and found the items to be as described and the shipping and speed of shipment was decent. I should say that everything I have purchased from his has been either electical or brake related and listed as "new" or NOS...

jrosbo

Kcgonzo

I have bought several items from this guy. They all came to me as he had them listed on the auction page. There was very little if any contact from him and his shipping method is slooooow. I just ordered or won a front axle boot and it took a couple of weeks to get it. But on the other side of the coin if you are not in a big hurry to get the part his price and shipping charges are fair. I would buy from him again.

poppop

I have bought lots of stuff from him. Just got in a set of front shocks for my 151 yesterday. Everything new in the box. Maybe a little slow but great prices. I have no problems with him at all.

packman

Hi Board,
I would like to offically introduce my self, as this being my first posting on this site.
My name is Brent and I live in Wellington New Zealand.
I currently have a couple of bids with this trader, and as I am new to e-bay was interested to read all the feedbacks about kcgonzo.
My handle on e-bay is kiwihotmale.
For interest if it has not been done already would it be a good idea to add other members e-bay alias so we don't bid against each other.
Whats the feeling when it comes to auctions, is it open slaughter or is there a bit of respect shown towards other members wanting a item?

Cheers,

Brent

I have 5 tonners M52,M816x2,M818/M127 combo.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
packman,
WELCOME! Apparently I read this one first. You will want to go into your profile and add your location, which you've already told us.

I ebay quite a bit and have since '99. I don't know about this particular seller. As you can see, he's fairly consistent with 'as advertised' stuff and ships via 'slow boat'.

Again, welcome. If you need any assistance, check the FAQ section to the left or just ask, as their are lots of knowledgable friendly people here. jim

Wyattearp

I agree with Lacoda i also was interested in a item he had for sale, i could not get any shipping quote and i also had a question about the item and i never got a response and that was over a period of 2 weeks, i personally don't do business with anyone that won't or can't give me a shipping quote as i don't want to bid, win and then get burned on shipping as some have in the past but this is just my Opinon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks