• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

KE5EUA's 818 Build

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Weren't there pictures of the wedges and the studs, on the knuckle and trying to disassemble. . . . or am I loosing it?

ke5eua

If you want an air ride seat, I have a brand new drivers-side one that you can pick up at the same time as Recovery's bed.
How much. I am in need of a new seat and I was eyeing golden's springers he took out.

Plus I need to get with you to get a good time to pick up the bed. Once I'm done with the rears of course.

ke5eua

Ok so I was pulling the studs in using the stock rim and the threads would stop before the stud was seated so I put the mrap wheel on.

Let me tell you, it was a PITA!

Studs are perfect, but I think I will have another issue to work with. The lug nuts are wanting to cut into the wheel so I think I am going to need to source the mrap lug nuts. Problem #2 is mrap lug nuts are M22x1.5 where the 900 / 800 / 35 series is 3/4-16.

:lost:

IMG_0026.jpgIMG_0025.jpgIMG_0024.jpgIMG_0023.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need the nuts in post 89. Have you called Premier and are you coming this weekend with Jeep to get some?

ke5eua

Wasn't on the to-do list as I need to get the truck to the farm tomorrow. Might end up instead.

I'll give preimer a call tomorrow and see if they can secure me 30 left and 30 right. Do you know if they are 3/4-16?

ke5eua

Wasn't on the to-do list as I need to get the truck to the farm tomorrow. Might end up instead.

Do you know if they are 3/4-16?

I just emailed Blake seeing if he can secure 30 left / 30 right for me and sent him the pic for reference.

Jeepsinker

I'm leaving here at about 6am Saturday morning but you can ride with me if you want. This would be a lot easier if you just put your tires on some bolt together five ton rims.

ke5eua

I'm leaving here at about 6am Saturday morning but you can ride with me if you want. This would be a lot easier if you just put your tires on some bolt together five ton rims.
I know right. If I can get the truck at my grandparents tomorrow evening then I will go, if not and I can get it there by 8 then I'll go, after 8 probably not.

Question of the hour, would 395's fit on the 11x20 rims safely?

Jeepsinker

After 8? I'm leaving here early Saturday morning, so unless you are going to drive yourself you would probably need to be here tomorrow night and stay in the guest room so we could leave in the morning.
Yes the 395s will fit.

ke5eua

Well update on the tires. Aluminum wheel from the wheels at premier metal buyers will not work with the 5 tons. Rim grabs the brake shoe housing and won't allow free movement of wheel. Glad I noticed this before I put all of them on.

Had to use a sledge to get it off.

Mad is not the adjective I would use right now.

IMG_0027.jpg

This picture is the bottom, you can see where there is no room between the guard and the rim, lug nuts are off at this point.
IMG_0028.jpg
IMG_0029.jpgIMG_0030.jpgIMG_0031.jpg

So my options are, get new 11x20 ndt's and sell the 395's on the aluminum rims or put the 395's on the 11x20 rims using the 11x20 tubes.

Luckily I have only swapped one set of studs so I can still pop these out and put the original ones back in. Getting the drum off the carrier should be fun to do that without taking the entire hub off the spindle.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally I would consider trimming the brake backing plate to remove the interference. Those aluminum rims are special and add value to your truck.

ke5eua

Personally I would consider trimming the brake backing plate to remove the interference. Those aluminum rims are special and add value to your truck.
They add something, aggravation right now. Value as in money spent, lol

I'm gonna figure something out that is for sure, just aggravated with this whole situation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks