• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kenworth 8X8

Jones

RE: 8x8 for Ron

Awright youse guys. Why do I feel that pretty soon the baby HEMTT is going to have big brothers to contend with?
We've got a PLS in town. 10X10 with 1st, 2nd and 5th axles steering. These things are getting big enough to need a name on the stern and signal flags.

M1075

Re: RE: 8x8 for Ron

Jones said:
Awright youse guys. Why do I feel that pretty soon the baby HEMTT is going to have big brothers to contend with?
We've got a PLS in town. 10X10 with 1st, 2nd and 5th axles steering. These things are getting big enough to need a name on the stern and signal flags.
l
Hey Jones-

Who's got the PLS? I need someone to troubleshoot with.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: 8x8 for Ron

Cool! Congrats on your new purchase! Keep us all posted on your progress as you bring it back from the dead, we'd love to see this restored to its former glory!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

im guessing its the omly one left thats on the raod, heard that there was one in a musieum someplace in the midwest, anybody have any info on that, thanks

citizensoldier

Good job !!

Congrats on that beast! I am glad that you purchased it and are going to save it. I was making arrangements to buy it after spotting it at 5 Am the day he listed it. Hell there was 4 thousand dollars worth of rims and tires on that beast. I talked to some of my M buddys that have the bigger stuff and they were thinking about it. It would make a great show piece for our museum or any museum for that matter.
Please keep me posted on your progress and if I can help in anyway I will.
There was about 15 brand new beds(I think off of HEMMIT's) that would have worked on it at Government Liquidation. They were 20' long and brand new. They sold for about $1500.00
It was a good price and once again keep us posted... :lol: :D :)

NEIOWA

73m819 said:
neiowa, how much for the winch
On M911 rcvd for our Fire Dept (tanker project). The others we sold for $2000 with a winch hydraulic control and hoses (control to winch). New lines always a good thing to think about as these have been in the weather for 28years. Left or right side winch available. If you want both we will include the operator control "console" which has both controls. Truck only has 8200mi and winch look to be in good condition.

Estimated weight per winch 2000lb. Can email some photos if interested. We have a local truck line that delivers JD tractors nationwide. These will normally haul whatever we want that will fit on the front deck for about $500.

NEIOWA

Re: RE: Re: RE: 8x8 for Ron

73m819 said:
im guessing its the omly one left thats on the raod, heard that there was one in a musieum someplace in the midwest, anybody have any info on that, thanks
There is a mil vehicle museum on I80 in the middle of Nebraska that I recall had something similar. But last time I was there was probably 10 years ago so not a reliable source of info.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

jasonjc said:
sounds like cranetruck will not be the only one with a 8X8 tractor.. Does that mean that we all will have to upgrade to 8X8's or get left behind???:)
or get run over :lol:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

well still lookig for any info on this beast, the museum lead was a bust, but thanks everybody for the encorgement and help

citizensoldier

Info

Try contacting Bigbee . He is our head museum M head and has shelves upon shelves of M truck info. He may have some proving ground info and will tell you all he can about them. If he dont have it he will find it. Just a idea and he gets off on the research thing..

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RE: Info

thanks for the lead, could you pm me a contact number please or ill give you mine, thanks

1ton

Man i love K100's! That is just about the meanest looking K100 I've ever seen. Most of the K100's you see any more are only 4x2 hot-shot/b-train tractors!! :lol:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So Ron, any update on this project? Just saw a pic of the original test truck in one of David Doyle's articles, had a 813 cargo bed on the back. Just drooling over your cool toy!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks