• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Keyed ignition starter switch

nafshiel

Has anyone installed one of these units sold on eBay and can provide step by step instructions?
I realize it probably is plug & play, but not for me... :-?
Mouse over image to zoom

[h=1]MILITARY Hummer TRUCK PLUG &PLAY KEYED IGNITION STARTER SWITCH[/h]

Last edited by a moderator:

hmmwv1

i went to the parts store and got a universial keyed ignition switch for $15 and wired it in,only 3 wires,battery feed,ignition power,and starter

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the keyed ignition you get off ebay. Its easy takes all of 15 minutes.

1 Unscrew the existing switch and pull it off
2 Reach under the dash and pull out the rest of it
3 pull off the wires and connect the wires on the new switch (gromets label what wires are which)
4 drill the hole opening to make it fit the new ignition switch
5 screw down the new one with the plastic washer they give you.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I simply put a keyed switch in the feed wire to the military ignition switch on my M series trucks. Off, no power to the military switch so it cannot be used to start the truck; key switch on power is sent to the military switch and it works as normal. Very simple installation! Only one wire to work with. I would assume the same concept would work on your truck.
Regards Martin

sermis

I made my own from an old key switch I had in the shop and wires from a busted tail light so I would have the connections. Simple and helps with when I come out of a store or truck is on display. Never fails that when I go to town someone is in the truck taking pictures when I come out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks