• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Keyed ignition starter switch

nafshiel

Has anyone installed one of these units sold on eBay and can provide step by step instructions?
I realize it probably is plug & play, but not for me... :-?
Mouse over image to zoom

[h=1]MILITARY Hummer TRUCK PLUG &PLAY KEYED IGNITION STARTER SWITCH[/h]

Last edited by a moderator:

hmmwv1

i went to the parts store and got a universial keyed ignition switch for $15 and wired it in,only 3 wires,battery feed,ignition power,and starter

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the keyed ignition you get off ebay. Its easy takes all of 15 minutes.

1 Unscrew the existing switch and pull it off
2 Reach under the dash and pull out the rest of it
3 pull off the wires and connect the wires on the new switch (gromets label what wires are which)
4 drill the hole opening to make it fit the new ignition switch
5 screw down the new one with the plastic washer they give you.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I simply put a keyed switch in the feed wire to the military ignition switch on my M series trucks. Off, no power to the military switch so it cannot be used to start the truck; key switch on power is sent to the military switch and it works as normal. Very simple installation! Only one wire to work with. I would assume the same concept would work on your truck.
Regards Martin

sermis

I made my own from an old key switch I had in the shop and wires from a busted tail light so I would have the connections. Simple and helps with when I come out of a store or truck is on display. Never fails that when I go to town someone is in the truck taking pictures when I come out.