• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Keys for blazer

BobM

I am going to Stout Field/Drexel Gardens in Indy on the 18th to look at the blazers for sale there. This is my first GL sale. What do I do about keys, as these say w0/keys. These are all keyed alike, right? So how do I get a key? :?:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contrary to popular belief, there is more than one CUCV key. I know of at least two different keys, but there may be more. Unfortunately, I only have the more common one. Get someone to copy their key and send it to you. I was eyeing those M1009s, too. To make it worthwhile, I'd have to get two, though. I tried that with the trucks in ND and only ended up with one so the plan does not always work.

BobM

I added my location(I thought that I already had) but in case it doesn't show, I an in west-central Indiana halfway 'tween Indy and Terre Haute. Right smack in the middle of nowhere!
Now who will make me a key? I'll gladly pay of course. But I had already read the FAQ section that said the keys are the "B" blank(trunk key) and that the code was 73Y2. But I have no idea how to USE that info.
I owned a '91 9C1 Caprice from Michigan that had the "one key fits all" ignition. I always wanted to go to Mi. and see if my key really would........Well anyway.
Can anyone get me a key? :lol:

AJMBLAZER

Most "good" hardware stores should be able to take that info and make you a key. Notice I said good. Can't guarantee most will be able to do that anymore unfortunately.

msoumas

I had my keys made by a locksmith here in MA months before I even bought a truck. He thought it was a bit strange that it was a trunk blank and not a regular ignition blank, but they work fine.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried to get one of my CUCV keys duplicated and the guy at Home Depot said he could not do it because it had a code on it saying that it was not to be duplicated.

mangus580

BKubu said:
I tried to get one of my CUCV keys duplicated and the guy at Home Depot said he could not do it because it had a code on it saying that it was not to be duplicated.
Thats odd... as I had mine done at Home Depot the day I bought mine... In Kansas! :) sure didnt wanna drive 1200 miles with only 1 key...

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps, I have an original key and you have a duplicate. Or, maybe, the unit that had my truck decided they did not want everyone making keys so they had them marked to indicate that they should not be duplicated. I don't have the key anymore...the truck is long gone...but it definitely had some letters on it and the guy said they indicated the key was not to be duplicated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks