• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Keys for blazer

BobM

I am going to Stout Field/Drexel Gardens in Indy on the 18th to look at the blazers for sale there. This is my first GL sale. What do I do about keys, as these say w0/keys. These are all keyed alike, right? So how do I get a key? :?:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contrary to popular belief, there is more than one CUCV key. I know of at least two different keys, but there may be more. Unfortunately, I only have the more common one. Get someone to copy their key and send it to you. I was eyeing those M1009s, too. To make it worthwhile, I'd have to get two, though. I tried that with the trucks in ND and only ended up with one so the plan does not always work.

BobM

I added my location(I thought that I already had) but in case it doesn't show, I an in west-central Indiana halfway 'tween Indy and Terre Haute. Right smack in the middle of nowhere!
Now who will make me a key? I'll gladly pay of course. But I had already read the FAQ section that said the keys are the "B" blank(trunk key) and that the code was 73Y2. But I have no idea how to USE that info.
I owned a '91 9C1 Caprice from Michigan that had the "one key fits all" ignition. I always wanted to go to Mi. and see if my key really would........Well anyway.
Can anyone get me a key? :lol:

AJMBLAZER

Most "good" hardware stores should be able to take that info and make you a key. Notice I said good. Can't guarantee most will be able to do that anymore unfortunately.

msoumas

I had my keys made by a locksmith here in MA months before I even bought a truck. He thought it was a bit strange that it was a trunk blank and not a regular ignition blank, but they work fine.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried to get one of my CUCV keys duplicated and the guy at Home Depot said he could not do it because it had a code on it saying that it was not to be duplicated.

mangus580

BKubu said:
I tried to get one of my CUCV keys duplicated and the guy at Home Depot said he could not do it because it had a code on it saying that it was not to be duplicated.
Thats odd... as I had mine done at Home Depot the day I bought mine... In Kansas! :) sure didnt wanna drive 1200 miles with only 1 key...

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps, I have an original key and you have a duplicate. Or, maybe, the unit that had my truck decided they did not want everyone making keys so they had them marked to indicate that they should not be duplicated. I don't have the key anymore...the truck is long gone...but it definitely had some letters on it and the guy said they indicated the key was not to be duplicated.