• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kicked out of my own driveway!

croftonaviation

fight them until you win, then sell your house and move to the country. Now I'm going to pee off my porch while deer hunting, naked. (just kidding about the naked part)

byrdo

Thank you.

Thank you all for your advice and kind words. I contacted my attorney and sent this letter to the Zoning enforcement officer. This is the same guy who added an ordinance last year requiring a $25 permit to build a shed or fence. You guys were right about the money grabbing. Anyway here it is.

I am writing you in regard to your letter referencing my "military type vehicle" parked in my driveway at said address. Your letter requesting removal of this vehicle from my driveway as a violation of Township Zoning ordinance Article 4.4 C stating "C. PARKING OF HEAVY TRUCKS OR SEMITRAILERS
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial] Overnight parking of commercial vehicles in excess of one (1.0) ton rated capacity, including all semi-truck tractors and trailers, is prohibited within any Residential Zoning District. This regulation does not apply to emergency vehicles or equipment."

is incorrect. The stated vehicle is not a commercial vehicle. I do not use it commercially and have no intention of doing so. This vehicle is used for recreational purposes. It does not meet the MI DOT definition of a semi. It is legally parked and in compliance with the Township Zoning ordinance. Any attempt to issue a "Notice of Violation" will be challenged legally. If you have any further questions or concerns you may contact me M-F 8:00AM to 5:00PM.

Regards,

After looking further at the article I noted that some of you pointed out that the truck would likely not even have a capacity in excess of 1 ton. I used front springs from a donor truck so I would have to say that it is a 15/16 ton vehicle. I save that as ammunition in case this guy has the nerve to contact me again.

Thank you all,

I am going to take this on to em!

[/FONT][/FONT]

M920

MV's responsible for "tumbling" Proprty Values!!

Soni,

I bet this is the same "knuckle-dragger" type who complains about coal smoke from the local money maker. Kind of like those "college town numb-skulls" over in Durango.

How 'bout your ne'er-do-well neighbor sell his "deflated" valued property to me and we can play army trucks all we want?? No complaints here. Just let me drive that 920 around the block:driver:.

----------------------------

byrdo...fight the good fight. Don't let somebody else sell your rights up the river.
Like many have said before..."If you don't like it, Then don't look at it."

Brian,

It's funny you mention that, because when he got to the part, where he said that he had two potential buyers that won't make an offer on his house, until he gets rid of the "JUNK-YARD" down the street......I told him that i would gladly buy his place from him! I explained that, besides being a good neighbor and trying to help him out of his "dilema", I could alwais use some more storage space! LOL

So after getting over the initial shock of having his rose-garden turnd in to a MV junk-yard, he then told me he wanted $500'000.00 for his 2 acre lot and house!

NO WONDER MY MV'S NEED TO BE BLAMED!!!! Since the lot next to him with a bigger house recently sold for $178'000.00 LOL

Soni

M920

I did noticed a little smoke comming from his ears......Weird...I was just trying to help him out..... lol

Strykerboy

I got weird looks when I started moveing into my new house here, first the truck camo green m35a2 ok I get it. Then all the weapons I kept pulling out of the back of it yea I get that too... Well so far no one has come over to bug me and the guy acrost the street from me loves the truck and asked were to get one after I showed him that im running it on used oil. then i asked him if he had any oil sitting around, came up on 30 gallons "good day!

skidder

Hay Brain, i would take his hat off his head an crap in it ,an give back to him,That would prove to him he it full of" crap" he knows he dosn't have a leg to stand on . But do the leagel thing to cover your but. just vmy 3 cents worth Thank god i live in the back forty skidder

DavidB

When you win your fight you should celebrate with a military vehicle over night party.Nothing too loud of coarse just long ,large and green.
Good luck!
DavidB

broman78

Just comply with your neighbors and park that ISX powered m920 down here in Texas I will take good care of it with an aggressive PM schedule, and long walks to stretch its legs out.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can the city tow your property out of your yard where you live? Here there is that bothersome thing called "due process" before the government messes with your stuff...

I believe the "due process" was sending him a letter. Non-compliance with the letter allows them to move to the next level - seizing non-compliant property. But as someone else already noted - only get legal advice from an attorney.

byrdo

Removal

Their letter said nothing of removal. Just a nice $95.00 fine. At the rate the USD is deflating that will be about worthless in 1 year. Just another revenue stream for them. When I beat this thing I am going to host an MV party. You are all invited. I am not kidding either.

Byrdo

nnero

Its sad what our country has become. Its gonna be hard for me to be productive at work today now. I got so angry reading this, and will be thinking about it the rest of the day. I live on a farm so our deuce is part of that and has commercial plates. But we can park it wherever we want and drive just about anywhere we want. We also have a commercial insurance policy. We thought we would be covered better in an accident. The worst part is that our deuce is more efficient and reliable than the F-250 we got rid off. Nobody believes me when I tell them. Dont give up and keep on fighting. If I wasnt broke I would try to send you some money to help with legal fees. Thats no joke, man this makes me angry. Good luck.

dittle

Maybe he's tired of looking at the tailgate. Offer to turn it around for them and see if that changes their tune. Better yet, park it at my house :twisted:

byrdo

Thanks for the offer of support. Money is not the issue. In fact I would be lying if I told that I was not amused by this ordeal. All of my lot bordering neighbors love the truck. I have taken some of their kids for rides in it. It is an icon of the neighborhood. The kids just love it. I make a concerted effort to not only see that they enjoy it but learn something about mechanical things as well. It is educational and just plain "FUN".

byrdo

I won!

I won the battle! This is a copy of the response I received today. I edit the names only.

Mr. Byrdo:

Please be advised this vehicle appeared to me to be larger than a regular type of vehicle. It probably would fall into the “Hummer” class. My interpretation of the code suggests that anything larger than a one ton capacity could fall into a “commercial type vehicle.” As you have informed me of the use of the vehicle as recreational then it is OK to have it. Thank you for your explanation. Consider the matter closed.

The Man

Township Zoning Administrator

Chalk one up for the good guys. Proof that intelligence and diligence can prevail over ignorance. Always make sure your voice is heard even if it seems trivial. If we let them take a little they will take a lot. Anyone up for an MV party let me know. I'll schedule something for after the Holidays as I am sure most of us are very busy right now.

Thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts,

Byrdo

saddamsnightmare

December 3, 2009.

BYRDO:

:beer:

This should count as an early Christmas present. Now and then sanity prevails in a government official, so you seem to have been very lucky that way. Congratulations and,

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks