• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kids BB guns and my buddys CUCV!

Maroman

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Cop time

FrankUSMC

I have been collecting military trucks for about 30 years. I have found several in fields that kids shot the windows up with BB guns playing Army. The ones I saw had small BB size holes in them, were the BB went though the glass.
Are you sure this is not a case of some one trying to break in to the truck by smashing the back window? It does not look like BB guns did that damage.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

kcimb

I can't see the pics (Photobucket is blocked here on campus) but I'd get photos and talk to the parents...but ask your buddy first.

kcimb

FrankUSMC said:
I have been collecting military trucks for about 30 years. I have found several in fields that kids shot the windows up with BB guns playing Army. The ones I saw had small BB size holes in them, were the BB went though the glass.
Are you sure this is not a case of some one trying to break in to the truck by smashing the back window? It does not look like BB guns did that damage.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.
That's not playing army, that's vandalism and destruction of property.

You should put your uniform on and go set those Pvt's straight..c'mon Gunny Frank!

Maroman

The truck is not locked.

The kids have been out there on their property near the truck for the past couple of weeks.

I think it is a case of the kids not thinking the gun could take out the window and then when it did they thought oh crap and left.

how can I post photos?

littlebob

It's hard for me to accuse anyone of anything without proof, as in finding the bb, which would be hard to do. I would hate to start a war with neighbors over a maybe. I know when I was growing up there were neighbors of mine that wished later they hadn't. As an adult, I have also put out a few of my own with weedeaters, lawnmowers and spinning vehicle wheels. If your on good terms with your neighbors I would suggest inquiring, but I would be caeful of accusing.
Some thing aren't worth getting in a pissing contest over.
littlebob

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
My youngest son shot up a bunch of windows on my camper with some of his friends in a moment of dumb butt. I could not believe it and when I asked about it he said he thought it was junky but also it seemed like they just got carried away. I did some pretty stupid stuff in my day too and I have to admit to doing more damage than he did. I think that my friends and I are one reason autos are shipped in closed cars on the railroads these days. It seemed like a rush in the days before I could drive. No excuse at all I am just saying kids do some pretty stupid stuff. If they did it odds are the parents will make them get you a new window. I would. I took pictures of the windows the kids shot out and marched my son to their homes to show the parents.

Mike_Pop

I would call the police and at least report it. This way it is documented in case something happens again.

N1265

I dont know.... I really hate to bring the law Into disputes with anybody, all it does is encourage them to call the law on you.

I always believed that it is best to approch them your self... If for no other reason than to give them ( the parents in this case) an oppertunity to handle it and make things right. It also lets them know that you are willing to go to them with neighborly issues instead of running to the cops for every little thing.

Besides, I doubt the cops can actually do anything without a witness.

Maroman

I am not going to bring the Sheriff into this. They have more important things to do and they don't want to come out this way for just this. I do not think it was mal intention just like armyman says a moment of dumb butt or a puredee accident that they did not know they caused. I am not seeking any restitution or blaming anyone but I belive it is a case of morelikely than not they did it. The CUCV sets there and gets its batts charged once every coulple of weeks. I occasionally drive it around the property to knock the rust off the rotars but it goes nowhere. Their parents need to know about their handling skills of their bb gun before they think it is ok to send them out unsupervised to "play".

Jones

The damage in your picture could very well have been caused by a BB gun. The rear and side glass is "solid-temper" and is designed to shatter like that rather than into longer sharp slivers, in the event of an accident.
If it was one of my trucks, I'd find BB; call on parents. At the very least the little dears should have a refresher course in firearms safety; and be shown that all actions have consequences. IF the situation was reversed, I know I could count on getting to replace their window-- and hope they didn't press it any farther.
This episode was from unsafe handling of a BB gun. What's it going to be the next time... a high-power hunting rifle?!?

AJMBLAZER

Jones said:
The damage in your picture could very well have been caused by a BB gun. The rear and side glass is "solid-temper" and is designed to shatter like that rather than into longer sharp slivers, in the event of an accident.
If it was one of my trucks, I'd find BB; call on parents. At the very least the little dears should have a refresher course in firearms safety; and be shown that all actions have consequences. IF the situation was reversed, I know I could count on getting to replace their window-- and hope they didn't press it any farther.
This episode was from unsafe handling of a BB gun. What's it going to be the next time... a high-power hunting rifle?!?
x2

Hoot_223

AJMBLAZER said:
Jones said:
x2
x3

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks