• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kids BB guns and my buddys CUCV!

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Look for other marks, on paint, on other vehicles. The police may have info on other nearby incidents. If not they may have in the near future so having your info can't hurt. JimK

Somemedic

I think junior and me and mom and dad would all have a come-to-jesus meeting. Call on your neighbors and tell them what happened first and what youve found. Give sonny the chance to confess. A little presure might break him and learn a good life lesson (aint we all been there in that hot seat?). Let him sweat it out if you have to but ya need mom and dad on ur side first. Then if he postures and wont give, have mom and dad walk his guilty ass down to the back of the truck and in CSI-fashion present the BB to all present. Might jog his memory...

BillIdaho

You guys are under the impression that the suspect kids and their parents are going to have the same values as "us". I get called to these type of things all the time. Most of the time, the kids learned their habits from their parents. That means if you were to march over and advise the parents what you found, and that their angelic kids caused property damage, firstly, the parents initial statement will be emphatically " no, not OUR kids,they would NEVER do anything like that". Second response would be "so what, it's just kids playing. The thing was a junker anyway..."
I would almost bet that is what you would get. Just be aware.

M-37Bruce

K10A said:
I can see the BB in the second pic. :evil:

X2

On another note, my son spent the weekend a few years ago(after 9/11) for improper use of a BB rifle, the ninth hole @ a member guest golf tournament, they shot at a foursome, broke the skin on a players arm! He spent the entire summer on house arrest, daily random visits from his probation officer! He is such a goody two shoes now?

kcimb

Bill said:
You guys are under the impression that the suspect kids and their parents are going to have the same values as "us". I get called to these type of things all the time. Most of the time, the kids learned their habits from their parents. That means if you were to march over and advise the parents what you found, and that their angelic kids caused property damage, firstly, the parents initial statement will be emphatically " no, not OUR kids,they would NEVER do anything like that". Second response would be "so what, it's just kids playing. The thing was a junker anyway..."
I would almost bet that is what you would get. Just be aware.
Unfortunately you are right.

Respect of other peoples' property and possessions...is lacking.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sadly, I'm a victim here recently too. Found a BB fracture on the passenger door of the wrecker. Now is't spreading. Sadly, it was a NOS doorglass too.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just hope they are not the type of parents that watch CSI and COPS on TV. Or the ones that suffer from, "Not My Child" syndrome.

(I started typing this before I read kcimb's reply).

When I watch the parents at youth sporting events that threaten coaches and umpires for calling "Johnny" out or getting penalized, I think of the parents you might have to meet.

Many parents now-days are "cool" or "friends" to their kids, and their kids' friends. I have my philosophies on why that is, but I don't type fast and I'd be all night with my explanation.

There are a lot of immature kids out there, and their parents are on the same intellectual level. They are kids themselves, mentally. Something happened in the 70s and 80s. It's pitiful. We've got problems ahead my friends.

To keep this "CUCV" and not "Conversations," I'll end by complimenting you on your vehicle and saying that I'd like to have a CUCV one day as an additional MV.

Good luck.

Maroman

I fogot to update the post. I was going to talk to the parents but before I got did their house burned. I figured they have enough problems now. I got an estimate last wek for $150. This includes everything including choice of tint. Not too bad. I almost wish I had keep it.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Maroman said:
I fogot to update the post. I was going to talk to the parents but before I got did their house burned. I figured they have enough problems now.
Wonder who else their kid pissed off?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Haha, I just about to say something to that effect!!

Karma!!!!!!!

bugei

i was more on the kids "cooking" line of thought.

out her in the "west" most mysterious house fires involve cold medicine and acitone and a failed "chemistry project".

bad for them, but KARMA is KARMA

carguy455

Sigh....when will kids and teens ever stop being fascinated by the sound of breaking glass and destruction.....

and once again, the poor old car or truck left unatended out back becomes "cannon fodder".

I broke my son of the "destruction" bit early on, I hope it took !

Maybe "little Johnny" went from trying out BB guns to playing with matches !

littlebob

I had a friend of mines son throw a rock through the rear window of my wifes 77 Caprice after our wedding and it was already down from the transmission that I had destroyed. I gave him a good tounge lashing as did his Dad and we let it go, I didn't have the money to fix the transmission for many years later and I knew it . He was only 5 or 6 and now is a chemical engineer making as much as me. I think that the age thing would be an important part of deciding how far this these kids have gone wrong.
littlebob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks