• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

King of Trucks show Syracuse, NY

whyme

good news! ive got the weekend locked in for time off! i decided being a truck show il like something a little extra so i convinced my dad to let me barrow his willies to put in the back of the deuce. lol

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This show is comming up, who is going? I dont think i have anything going on that weekend! a big convoy into the show would be awesome!! not sure how fast ya'll drive, but 48mph is max speed for my deuce! :grin:

Yohan

I doubt I'll be going now with my 5 ton :(. I thought I'd have the funds to single it, but it isn't working out. Maybe I'll take the Deuce if I can get it inspected in time. Is there a place everyone plans on meeting to convoy? My old girl doesn't like much over 45-50mph, either, which is fine by me!

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
im not real fimiliar with syracuse....i would be comming up route 81 from binghamton.... anybody else comming from that way? i would still have to register.... can i do that up there? i figure this late, they dont have any deals, right? also, who is camping there? i dont know what to expect when i get there. i know the syracuse nationals car show was a blast, is this the same case? should i bring the swimming pool for the back?? haha!

Yohan

I'm just south-east of Syracuse, less than 30 minutes away. I could jump on in Tully on Rt. 81 if I can make it to the show.

Punisher666

I still haven't registered yet but plan on it this week. Not sure if im going Friday or Saturday but shoot me some ideas to brain storm so we can get a camo convoy to take over and show them what a real truck is.

LanceRobson

Alrighty then. If anyone needs a place to fix a truck or to crash we live about a 35 minute deuce ride from the fairgrounds and have a 6000 square shop building. It's a farm so there's space for camping or RVs and we have some empty bedrooms. If someone wanted to stage a vehicle early/late or leave one between the show and the Fort Drum Ride Through History a few weeks later we could work that out, too. I might even be convinced to stick some critter parts in one of the smokers.

That will be a busy weekend getting MVs ready for parades and other Memorial Day events. I may be spending some time at Tank Lady's place helping get she and Jack's vehicles ready.

If you're interested, call or PM me.

Lance

315-374-3587

Atwater

looks like i have the time off:jumpin:. have we come up with a time/place to meet yet?
the o8 should be good for the trip and i could load up towbar / air compressor + tools just in case:grin:

Yohan

If I go, it will just be for the day. Anyone know what it costs to register at the gate? I'll see what I can find on the web for it.

Looks like some Syracuse snoots have a problem with trucks! Some posters are supportive of it, which is cool. If I can have a little fun while making someone laugh, then I'm OK with that.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2011/04/post_409.html

Last edited:

Punisher666

Not sure if registration is open at the door. i know registration closes online on Monday the 23. If anyone finds anything different let me know, anyone come up with a meeting place yet that would be convenient for everyone? Maybe Carousel Mall?

Atwater

anybody else register online? i wonder if i will get the papers in time..:oops:
is there any sort of shower facilities on the grounds? might get a little ripe after 3 days:???:

Last edited:

Punisher666

I registered last night and it said 1-2 weeks to receive paperwork which makes no sense, why would they let you register so late if they know it takes longer. On the shower situation im pretty sure they have full facilities in the infield. PM me if you want to discuss more details over the phone.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
they do have showers on the infield. i didnt register either. hoping i can do it up there. ill just camp in the deuce need be. i need a good fun drunken wild time like the syracuse nations is! whos with me? :grin:

Punisher666

Im camping in the Deuce too and brining a grill, cooler and plenty of Jack Daniels PM me your number to setup a time and place to meet up. Does the Mall work for everyone and when are y'all planning on going, Friday or Saturday?

Last edited:

Punisher666

Good news, good news anyone who registered before the 12am deadline Monday should receive they're packet by Wednesday. Also you can register at gate 7 starting Thursday @ 8am and also each day of the show starting also @ 8 am. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Punisher666

What is everyone bringing to the show, Deuces, CUCV's 5 tons? I'm still not sure what day im heading out, anyone else got a day set in stone? Keep me posted.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Punisher, Im game to meet at the mall. i dont have to work friday, so i could meet up early. The Mall sounds good. Im not sure how long ill be able to stay because my parents are going to a car show in norwich this weekend too. i plan on bringing my M35A2.

All, how much is it to register at the gate? i think it was around $50, right? Is that for the whole weekend including camping? I have a lot of stuff to get ready if im meeting up friday.[thumbzup]

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is anybody bringing things to sell? I would love to get a M105 trailer if anybody has one. I have an old WWII era gas Generator that i would like to sell or trade for a M105 trailer also. I have a rebuilt starter for a M35A2 also that i could bring. might be worth a post to see if anybody has something they might want. Who isnt in the market to buy more OD Green gear?? :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks