• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kitchen, field, trailer mounted, TFK250 Now gone to a new home.1/2018

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
UPDATE it served me well for 7 years but has now moved to VT and a new owner, it will be used for Mil Sim. Added info on last page.

My former Navy TFK-250 (tactical field kitchen) finally came home yesterday. It has been stashed at a friends house in Arkansas since I got it off GSA. I have owned a MKT and a KCLFF and this thing makes them look like Flintstones cooking, no offense to fellow MKT owners. It has been on Navy storage, DRMO and GSA lots for the last several years so I knew it was going to need some cleaning. I left it at work to take advantage of free Hotsy pressure washer. Power washed it inside and out. Only down side is the bottom of the roof frame over each wheel has rusted but should be a easy fix as it is 2" thin wall square tubing.
It sets up and is ready for lighting the fires in about 5 mins. Unhitch, set the brake, put down the chocks, each corner has a built in leveling jack & a bubble level on the tongue. Undo three straps on each corner, grab the middle of each side and start to lift, the gas shocks are so strong it leaves your hand and goes to the full horizontal position. Front has two 40 gallon pressure pot cookers & a 7.4 gal tea maker(water heater) the rear has two 14 gal pressure fryers cookers, two ovens and another tea maker. Each cooker has it own multifuel burner which are kinda like a cross between a MBU and a M2, no electrons needed. It came with 2 manual sets, 4 baskets for the big cookers, pans for the ovens, complete tool and repair kit, fire ext, box of spare bulbs, paddle, dipper and whisk the size of a 32 Louieville slugger. Missing the first aid kit & English manuals. Surface is 37" off the ground, perfect counter height. Germans make great field kitchens! If anybody has a English manual let me know.
http://www.karcher-futuretech.com/versions/futuretech/assets/TFK_250 (GB).pdf

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The tongue is very kookie, it adjusts in 2 locations so you can pull behind a VW or a tank, also has a mechanical surge brake. Plus the lunette ring is removable there is a smaller one included.

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to see you were able to get it home in one piece, I lusted after it for a year or so sitting at GSA, but just couldn't justify getting it, I am kind of sorry I didn't try now! Great buy!

Nice trailer

How many of those trailer were made, anyone know? Seem pretty scarce, I have never seen one. Nice score, should draw a lot attention once you start taking it out. Post some pics of it in use when you get a chance. Thanks

John

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John,

The TFK 250 is still being made, but in Germany, and very few are imported because they would now be sold at retail, not military surplus. The MKT Thumb Drive has the original German manuals on it (both of them) thanks to MWMULES.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The neatest thing (IMHO) is the two 40 gallon pressure cookers on the TFK 250. Checking the web, a bushel is about 60 pounds of potatoes, or about 9 liquid gallons. 10 minute heat up, 20 minutes cooking, and 10 minutes cool down. That would be over 400 pounds of potatoes cooked in less than an hour on half the kitchen - while the other half makes bread in the two ovens, and braises the meat on the two skillets. AND, you could get 14 gallons of boiling water from the waste heat of the four burners. Not that I'm envious or anything - my natural color is green.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks