• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kitchen, field, trailer mounted, TFK250 Now gone to a new home.1/2018

3dAngus

All those portable kitchens are just so cool!

I wish I still had my farm. It would be great for a catfish cookout, or cutting up a Black Angus.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

Attachments

Last edited:

sggoat

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Nope never made it out of Lenexa, I make green out of chili's no tomatoes are injured in mine! Entered it in CASI for years before I read the rules, #1 dark red color..... NOT. Have won peoples choice several times. Here are some past years pictures. chili 2011 008.jpg chili 2011 009.jpg chili 2011 005.jpg chili11.jpg chili.jpg

61sleepercab

Great pictures of the trailer. I saw one years ago at the WV surplus lot where someone must have ordered one . The staff have told my cousin they sometimes order something just to find out what an item looks like. Your tax dollars at work?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
We only used the rear small friers for the chili and the oven for corn bread and sweet rolls. The big ones were used for dry storage and cooler for liquids 2014chili 004.jpg 2014chili 006.jpg 2014chili 001.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trailer has a Renaultish look to it. Hey, bring some green chili to "The Rally" next year. I can warm it up!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
very nice looking cooking trailer. the next generation.. no wonder the mkt is history now
Actually, it's mainly an upgrade of the German WWII kitchen trailer. Our MKT was an odd duck, built to feed 250-300 troops, when most companies are 125-150 troops and battalions are 500-600. It's true that they used two MKT's together for a battalion, but then they developed the CK (containerized kitchen) with it's own refrigerator, air conditioning and a generator (and solid walls). That's why so many MKT's are being retired!

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Yesterday I got word that a friend was towing a military trailer home from Kansas and needed some roadside assistance at the VT/NY state line. When I was told it was a German kitchen trailer from the Navy I figured it had to be the one mwmules was selling.
You definitely notice this thing following you going down the road in a one ton.
IMG_1917.jpg

So now it's in my yard where it will get new tires and some wiring repairs at the least.
IMG_1919.jpg

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep It all went bad when he got close to VT, blew a tire than his Land Rover hitch broke just inside the state line, in a parking lot!! I am wondering if maybe the RR safety chain got in a bind and broke the casting of the hitch? When I hauled it with my M818 & didn't know it was there but with my 3500 Chevy you knew there was something back there. Surprised the cover made the cover made the trip! Happy it went to a good home and glad he has you as a friend. :beer:
broken.jpg broke.jpg brok.jpg

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Try Karcher US, but last time i tried,5 years ago Germany was the place to get them. A private company over there was making them in colors for Fire Departments and other responders. Sorry, no I no longer have the info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks