• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kitchen Trailers MKT-90

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone has a short version of the differences in the Kitchen trailer models? Is see MKT-90s for sale but some 80 series as well?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
More than that, 75,85,90 and 99's. Earlier ones have more roof vents 12, later have 6. It is a real crap shoot on what else is in them counters, griddles, burners, lighting, ranges, power vents, ice chests, food cans and storage have changed over the years but I have seen 75's with all the new stuff in them and 90's with old stuff.

add on-Some of the latter ones also came with a 28V gen set and the battery power pack.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MWMULES hit it on the head. The basic trailer is the same other than the vents. Depending on when it came out of service will depend on what's on the trailer. Updates include switching from gas burners to diesel (which a MKT-90 should have), power exhaust fan, Cambro cooler and food trays versus aluminum cooler and Mermites, but pretty much the difference is just going to be what all the little goodies are. There is an upgraded griddle that has taller edges (splash screen) but they all have 2 ovens, a griddle, and 2 open burners (stoves), a cooling cabinet on the left with counter space, a small cabinet next to the griddle, and a moveable cabinet. That is if they have what they were issued with.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been watching for one of the German trailers (with fryers), I last saw two down at Little Rock GSA, I hesitated and they were gone! So the higher the model number the newer the trailer? If they have 28 volt gen sets will they run on 24/110 volts too? Thanks for the info. I really want one, but as usual I have no need for one, but that is what collecting is about right!

61sleepercab

I have a MKT 85 and besides a cooking shack the trailer with sides attached would make a pretty good pop top camper with part of the cabinets used for a camp kitchen and surface for a cook stove. Plenty of room for a bed and seating on the platform with the sides folded out and very little shake with the outriggers set. Mark

If they have 28 volt gen sets will they run on 24/110 volts too? Thanks for the info. I really want one, but as usual I have no need for one, but that is what collecting is about right!
You can take a 50' extension cord and plug into the dongle of the GFI outlet on the MKT and use "house power" from an outside 110 outlet. Then plug in lights, a microwave, or a coffee maker, ect..
As long as you have a power converter and the correct MBU wiring harnesses, you are ready to cook, boil water, ect. Awesome trailers, and yes they double as a camper, just put cots on the walkways(can fit at least 5), and hang either the screen sets or the solid walls, depending on the weather.

John

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New Toy

Won a MKT-99 today! i talked tow one of the guys there and he said they were pretty much unused since the were rebuilt . Anyone know the tongue weight when loaded?inside 2.jpgID Plate.jpgFRONT.jpgother front.jpginside.jpg

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats! I got one of the MKT-90s out of the same batch. Don't think it was rebuilt so hope it's in good shape too.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When are you going down to pick it up? I hope to win a 931 to use to bring it home as a package deal but i have a 3/4 ton as a back up!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably going after it a week from Monday. Another local got one too so we're going to try and get them both on one trailer and split the trip.

61sleepercab

I would think a 3/4 ton would handle an equipped but otherwise empty MKT Trailer. My Chevy truck is 3/4 truck with 1 ton rear end and springs 4.10 gears pulled my MKT 85 trailer which was 50% equipped with no trouble at all and we put a 1 ton army trailer in my truck bed to boot for a tandem recovery from Indianapolis to West Virginia. Just do not get in a hurry and leave plenty of safety space between you and the next vehicle in your lane and do not try to plow through traffic lights. My hitch point is almost level with the m105 trailer which helps a lot. Good luck Mark

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the MKT is balanced, two people can lift the lunette and put it on a pintle. It needs to be slightly nose heavy to make sure weight remains on the pintle. If you have everything in it, you are looking at a total of 5700 pounds, not something a 3/4 ton truck should be pulling (or trying to stop).

jasonjc

I hauled mine home with my 1/2ton but I put it on my flat bed trailer so I had brakes. But boy did it shuck down the gas!!!!

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jason, long time no hear! I didn't know you had a kitchen trailer? I tried to pick up a 931 at Shelby but some dip stick thought he was on Epay and would bid every fourteen minutes and 50 seconds, it got old after two or three time, so I guess I will just take the car hauler the 1200 miles!
James

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys if you come down give me a call and if you need me to pickup and store I do that also. Then you can get a 931 on your schedule.
We're going to try and pick up 2 at 0800 Thursday. If Murphy strikes we might need to take you up on that.

Is the woman who schedules pickups there always so pleasant? /s

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
She is helpful, kind of hard to tell her mood over the phone, what's up with no pickup on Mondays and Fridays, are they just trying to make it hard on those of us who have regular jobs!?!?!? It's a 600 mile trip one way, I guess I will take two days of vacation and make my pickup next week.
James

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks