• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kitchen Trailers MKT-90

Csm Davis

She is helpful, kind of hard to tell her mood over the phone, what's up with no pickup on Mondays and Fridays, are they just trying to make it hard on those of us who have regular jobs!?!?!? It's a 600 mile trip one way, I guess I will take two days of vacation and make my pickup next week.
James
The government cutbacks have them shutting down a lot of Mondays and Fridays. If you call me I can get it just off post to my compound. And you can even pickup on weekends.

rustystud

She is helpful, kind of hard to tell her mood over the phone, what's up with no pickup on Mondays and Fridays, are they just trying to make it hard on those of us who have regular jobs!?!?!? It's a 600 mile trip one way, I guess I will take two days of vacation and make my pickup next week.
James
The reason they are doing this is because of cutbacks, they are short of manpower. So when an employee asks for a three day weekend (either Fri-Sat-Sun or Sat-Sun-Mon) they don't have enough people to help with load out and the incoming shippments. I asked about it out here in Washington. It is system wide now.
In fact I got Royally ! chewed out 4 weeks ago when I went to get my fuel pump on a Monday ! Thankfully I had a whole bag of "Reese's Peanut Butter Cups" to help smooth over the situation !
Remember, when truth doesn't work, try Bribery ! HaHaHa.

Last edited:

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can understand manpower shortages, I work in manufacturing and we are located in a small town, I am a hundred people short now, raised starting pay, went to three day weekends off and still I am short people! But being open a Monday or a Friday would be a lot more customer friendly.

Csm Davis

Not a manpower thing but money they shut most of the post down for what they call a Mississippi Monday to save money. This is not a federal government owned base it is owned and operated by the state. There are also no GL employees here they have to drive from Alabama or Florida.

jasonjc

I can understand manpower shortages, I work in manufacturing and we are located in a small town, I am a hundred people short now, raised starting pay, went to three day weekends off and still I am short people! But being open a Monday or a Friday would be a lot more customer friendly.
What kind of work and pay I mite move. I'm sick of 60-80hr weeks for little pay ( 2 jobs 6 days a week).

reset2

Does anyone know if the military is planning on selling a lot of Mkt's? Seen GL sell some lately been thinking about another one that is more equipped. The one I got is empty.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
couple of years ago, there were almost 125 MKT's auctioned off at the same time and location. The catch, they were all pretty well stripped, no cabinets, no roof, no outside decking, etc. The Army has three levels of field kitchens: the Company Level (KCLFF)for up to 125-150 people, the MKT for 250-300, and the CK for 500-600. But the powers that be are cutting the Army back in size, so now a lot of equipment that may not store well is being put on the surplus lot. How many more MKT's come out is anyone's guess.