• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

La Quinta 5 Ton

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, that's beefy. How would troops crawl into the back of that thing without a ladder? Heck, how would they jump out of the back without a chute? :D

M1075

Good looking truck! There seems to be more and more guys who have swapped over to 16.00 singles. I have yet to do it!

TedG

The guy who nicely lifted his 5 ton bed is in WA State...forget name and he bought a hemmet. This looks like it with a new paint job. Also, I think it was sold to someone in lower CAL. Maybe either one will chime in...

Nice looking truck though!

DMgunn

TedG said:
The guy who nicely lifted his 5 ton bed is in WA State...forget name and he bought a hemmet. This looks like it with a new paint job. Also, I think it was sold to someone in lower CAL. Maybe either one will chime in...

Nice looking truck though!
dma251, IIRC.

But I think his truck had LED taillights cut in under the bed.

M1075

DMA also flipped his rear hubs. I haven't seen anyone else do that on a 5 ton!

The truck above may have HEMTT split ring wheels on it. Tires are certainly Michelin XZL 16.00R20.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I respect others that wish to modify their trucks for better performance...but I am a purist. I would much rather have a truck with the stock rubber on it. I am not passing judgement on others who wish to modify their trucks...it is their choice...and I admit, in many cases, it makes sense.

OSO

dma251 had flipped his rear hubs . Had different Michelin tires on it 16.00rx20 . Saw the truck in person myself .

dma251

Yup - flipping the rear hubs was a bit of extra work, but it gave me a good excuse to inspect the rear axle seals/bearings.... And sure enough, two were leaking. As for the looks - well some like it, some don't. Same with lifting the bed.

I heard so much snivelling about how terribly the tires would rub with the 16-20's I had to find out for myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV_07EGI9FU

That video is with the stock bed height. But lifting the bed looked better.

Attachments

rizzo

BKubu said:
I respect others that wish to modify their trucks for better performance...but I am a purist. I would much rather have a truck with the stock rubber on it. I am not passing judgement on others who wish to modify their trucks...it is their choice...and I admit, in many cases, it makes sense.
we live in the USA. Land of the free, home of the brave. I also respect other peoples rights to make their own choices, good or bad.

I use my trucks for certain purposes and modify them to increase their performance for that purpose. 3 out of 5 trucks I have only modified the tires and rims. I don't "hack them up" and try to retain a stock look as much as possible.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
DMA251 Great to see your post how is the HEMMT coming along as well as your yard mods and big garage? I would love to see them. I am under a server nazi here and can not access youtube and a lot of photo hosting sites so if you can post them here.

I like the look of the big tires if you are using them for a reason but like Bruce I like the five ton with 1100 X20 or 1200X20 at the biggest and keep them dual

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks