• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LA Steel Soldiers rally.. food...

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my greatest thanks to bob an justing for taking the time to drive over and spend the day working on the trailer.. later i put in the new ac... nice and cool now... i did a paywood wrap for a temp solution and covered up all the heater vents with plywood.. we had a great workout .. it took all 3 of us to get by on the sides.. those 54reo sides are super nice... fit like a glove.. i put the jack stands around the edge as i dont see anywhere else to put them.. anyone have any idea as to the correct light bulbs for the center.. takes on scree in type and another florecent type.. looks like both must be skinny ones.. getting the rest of the stuff ready for the la rally Tim

frodobaggins

my greatest thanks to bob an justing for taking the time to drive over and spend the day working on the trailer.. later i put in the new ac... nice and cool now... i did a paywood wrap for a temp solution and covered up all the heater vents with plywood.. we had a great workout .. it took all 3 of us to get by on the sides.. those 54reo sides are super nice... fit like a glove.. i put the jack stands around the edge as i dont see anywhere else to put them.. anyone have any idea as to the correct light bulbs for the center.. takes on scree in type and another florecent type.. looks like both must be skinny ones.. getting the rest of the stuff ready for the la rally Tim
I have all the lights in mine, if I get a chance to drop by my parents, I will check the bulbs.

littlebob

I will bring a bunch of bottle water also jim said it was hot hot last year
AEC Retired Tony
Everbody bring at least enough fo themselves and use it. I had plenty of water in my ice chest and was offered drinks all day. I didn't realize how dehydrated I
was getting till we left.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes working you do need plenty of water. at the rally i hope we just relax and rejoy each others company.. but of corse we do trade off goodies an have to load and unload those..

68M109

Introduction

Hello everyone.

My name is Richard, or Rich for short.

Jim from Lafayette pointed me here. I recently bought a Mil trailer for my M109 from him and plan on meeting him next Saturday at the rally to pick it up.

I have a 68 M109 with 8k miles on it, but it is more than just a collector vehicle, I actually use it during hurricanes and emergencies for a mobile communications center for my company. I own New Orleans Information Services, a local computer services company.

Barring any emergencies, I should be out there next Saturday (Jim sent me the address) and I'll bring several trays of Chick Fil A nuggets.

I am also in collector camaros and have several muscle cars, and am on several forums with that hobby.

Thanks,

Rich

jimm1009

Not put any pressure on him (Rich) but he told me that he was going to clean it up especially for the visit to Tim's "O.D. Green MV Estate" next Saturday. :D
Looking forward to meeting him and other MVers too.
jimm1009

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan to bring my M109A3, but it's condition is a-la-GL. Haven't done anything since I got it but check brakes and fluids. It can be the BEFORE to Rich's AFTER.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the more the merrier.. there is 2 camaros down the road less than 1/2 mile that are going to be scrapped out.. one has one mean hood with a wild scoope on it.. :beer:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tim,
Screw in bulbs should be 130v and marked "Rough Service", probably 60 or 75 watt. Probably helps if they are on the small side as the fixtures don't have a lot of room. No clues on the other ones. Here's a link to the Sylvania pages > http://assets.sylvania.com/assets/Documents/IN006.b2ada95c-40ae-46d8-b626-3b7e90292220.pdf
- probably the 12455 or the 12528 types - it's an A19 type bulb according to what is in my M109.
http://connect.in.com/ruslana-korshunova/photos-1-1-1-ebc6b9f33d9bde9a8986ab2ebf74e6ca.html

Last edited:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do we have a final tally of who's bringing what?

Oh, George's brakes are bled, tranny and oil is changed. The only issue I have is my can isn't sealing properly on the rear oil filter and it's seeping. I want to change to the spin ons... Anyone bringing them? If so let me know how much. Also gonna bring oil with me and check regulary. Looking forward to it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks