• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lack of motivation

Cucvnut

if you don't want the truck sell it, if you do then get moving.
for someone that is on here as much as you i can't believe its been down for 6 months. Just looking at it would be enough motivation for me.
So what are it's issues?
Cucvnut - do not spend any money coming this way cause all that chit you got lists would be D O N E by the end of one day and I hate to make you waste your money. Get the lead out and busy - honker down. If that does not work - come and see me.rofl

With that list I would have to figure out what to do after lunch.

Zout True to some extent. I jsut need to want to get back in to fixing it. the motivation is what is killing me.

Awesome Possum

1. In stall my Dh relay.
  2. Fix up wiring on the fire wall.
  3. Change the fuel line hard and rubber.
  4. Install a new lift pump.
  5. Change out my hydro boost or repair mine.
  6. Do a filter change on the Th400.
  7. Change diff fluid on the 60 and 14ff.
  8. Take of front drive shaft and cut aobut 2 inches off it and re weld it.
  9. Change out my AC60G plugs.
  10. In stall my Trans cooler and fan.
  11. Take out the IP i jsut installed and put in part i forgot to install.( re install IP)
  12. Find The parts to connect the IP to the throttle cable ( small clip and parts I need them).
  13. Mount interior cage to cab.
  14. Install new tires and rims (that will happen next weekend)

1. Thats about it right now.
Make the list shorter for now. Much shorter. I'll freeze up when given a list like this. 'Course my ADD don't help!

zout

Choices my Friend - choices in decisions - picture it all done in your head and driving it - then look out the window and see it not done and beconning for your touch to work on it - its not a job or punishment - its a challenge.

zout

Oh yeah - Tigger sent this to me - so when I get my stolen M43 back from PB - WHENEVER - he said he is sending me down his crew to attend services in the ambulance. How is that for motivation. But Tigger said Debs jeep had to be done first

Oh yeah - try not to only look at the Red Cross insignias

Attachments

Last edited:

SPCWarning

Cucvnut, just one item at a time. I can't even look at my CUCV for a month at a time. Now THAT'S depressing! But I do have internet at work so I can watch what all the other members have done to their MV's. Then I come home for a month and get to try all the neat ideas (that I can afford) that I learned here. If you just fold your list to where you only see one project and don't even think about the other 13 on there, before you know it the list is clear and you're rolling! ONE PROJECT AT A TIME !
Just trying to help.

zout

Heck with the small stuff - gather the list up and ATTACK - full frontal attack the list.
Turn off the dang cell phone
Leave the tv off
Put the game boy or playstation in the trash
Turn off SS on your computer and take a hike to your truck

Grab a case o beer and make a day of it - a FULL day - GET ER DONE. While your working you will have nothing to be non-motivated about.

Bring yourself up from Miami and make a weekend of it - bring YOUR list

Capt.Marion

CUCVNUT-

What is preventing your CUCV from running? My opinion would be to create a separate, smaller list that has only the things that absolutely must be done to get your truck running to where you can tool around the yard in it.

Take that smaller list which should be much more manageable and less intimidating, and start working on it. Get your truck running, and drive it around the yard a little bit. That should get you motivated. From there, re-prioritize the remainder of your list. Always break it up into smaller lists that are easier to manage.

Two stories:
I live in Boston during the school year. My M35A2 is at home in GA. I spend all year looking at people working on their trucks, talking to friends about work they've done on theirs, and then I look at my truck, and create a list of things that need to be done. When I get home and have time to work on it, I look at this ginormous list and say, "Well, ****! Too much stuff to do, and I don't have enough time or money to do it. I just don't feel like working on this right now." I have only done work on the truck that absolutely needed to be done (aka fixing the brakes after they went out, re-adjusting the parking brake after it stopped being able to hold the truck, and changing the oil). I hate not getting my stuff done, but I have the exact same problem. Too much stuff to do and it feels like I don't have time or money to get started on it.

Second story:
I screwed up my class schedule once upon a time, and waaaay overloaded myself with projects. End result: I had a monster of a to-do list. I balked at my to-do list, especially some of the major tasks (aka major assignments worth a major part of my grade). They intimidated me because I had no clue where to start, so I didn't even attempt to start; I ignored them.
Flash forward a semester, and I'm fighting to get my grades up so I can a) afford to stay in school and b) not get kicked out for low grades. So far, I have been doing fine because I have been forcing myself to just start each task, no matter how excruciatingly painful or intimidating it may be. Once you get your foot in the door, things start to work out.

You've got to start somewhere, no matter how little you want to do whatever the task is.Just start doing something on your truck. Remove the IP. Just pull out the driveshaft. Change the filter on the transmission.

I guarantee that once you get started with one little task, it will snowball and before you know it you will be marching right through your to-do list.

Also, I finished working on my brakes on my 2 1/2 ton at 1:00 AM in the middle of December because it took me until the late afternoon to finally muster the courage to actually start working on the darn things so I could drive my truck again. But I got it done, and I felt like a new person after getting just something done for once.

Oh, it was colder than a tin toilet seat on the shady side of an iceberg at 0100 in the middle of December. Just because I live in the Deep South doesn't mean we don't have winter!

I hope you are able to get started on something with your truck. I am 100% certain that once you get started and get just one thing done, you will feel much better. It's that hump of getting started that is most difficult.

CycleJay

Hello Cucvnut,

Sorry to hear that, sometimes I feel like that.
But a man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do.

If I lived in your area, I would be glad to come help you out.

Perhaps you should pray for God to help you, I prayed for God to help me,
and he did.. Now my truck IS now running, so I can drive it now.

Good luck, good night, and God bless you,

CJ

CycleJay

Nut,

Did you say you have a classic buick?

If so, what make, model and year?

I ask, because I had one, and loved it till it was stolen, and miss it.

I learned just about every nut, bolt, and part in that car, and when it need work,
I did most of it myself, except for the brakes, and the exhaust system.
Simply because I do not do welding.

It was in great shape, because outside of work and college classes,
most if not all of my time & money went into restoring that car,
after inheriting it from my sister, and having to repair the extensive damage she did to it.

Good night,

CJ

BA232

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been there with projects. I'm half way through one now and I've learned to take it a little bit at a time and enjoy it. I was in the driveway today in 20 degree sunshine replacing my noisy power steering pump on the m1008. Turned out to be a loose bolt under the pully but I got the new belt on too.

Danger Ranger

Most of that list looked to me like a PM (preventitive maintenance) which is done in a few hours.
Filters, fluids, brakes, and plugs don't count. Unless you don't have parts.

You already know what needs done, so you should know what parts are needed, and thus what parts to get. If you haven't gotten those easy PM parts, then you need to do so. Just thinking about it will move you, and you will get the simple stuff done.

What ever you do, do not let it sit anymore. Sitting more than a couple months will allow other things the time they need to break down and become an addition to your list. Also, like reading a book, you can and will lose your place within it. DON"T LET THAT HAPPEN. Don't ask me how I know either....

Pull the driveshaft........send it out to be done. You can forget about it until pick-up.

1.In stall my Dh relay.
2.Fix up wiring on the fire wall.
3.Change the fuel line hard and rubber.
4.Install a new lift pump.
5.Change out my hydro boost or repair mine.
6. In stall my Trans cooler and fan.
7.Take out the IP i jsut installed and put in part i forgot to install.( re install IP)
8.Mount interior cage to cab.

The lift pump, ip, and fuel line are all in one day==one project. Tires don't count either, as they can get changed after brakes and fluids....part of a PM.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Motivation

Err..no I woud'nt, (jobs that is). You have no prob. like Zout (and others also) advise, MAKE a MOVE, ANY MOVE!..do the small stuff..heck there's stuff there that's fun and satisfaction just waiting. Do the jobe that dont cost anything (first) there will be plenty of them in addition to your list. hyeck, on your own??
here's me over 70 NO HELP , so Carry on or not? well give up or move!. SO, I'm moving. Ok that may not be possible for you, but hey..before I can move I would have to. (ready?)

Get the gamma goat fuel system cleaned out. get the lights working. fit the windows. do the brakes. (lethargic at this point)
Change the fuel filters on the 5 ton. Repair the turn signals. Remove the H.D. batteries from the underfloor inverter system.
Ready? OOOOOO no Now the M45 fire truck needs a trailer board making, it needs batteries charging and fitting. Each and every of these three require all the tyres checking and inflating where needed.
A bar off the wrecker. Tools batteries jumper leads 14 wheels and tyres loaded into the 5 ton. fire enging loaded with gear, Gamma goat loaded with gear.

(all the moving jacking servicing getting them in line and ready)

That was last teusday.

Thursday:ALL and Everything sorted! This is Sunday here, Day BEFORE yesterday Friday 8pm. we were back here (HA!)BUT the 5ton camper, all the tools, and gear mentioned, The M45 fire truck ,THE GAMMA GOAT, are now residing 150 miles away in thier "new den!"

That's DOING it. not thinking or dwelling on anything BUT the TASK. (mission if you like!) Will have picture when we complete the next run. today? ok watch tv? NO Sit on my A..? NO. ALL the time p...ng down with rain, (so? it's only weather!) Ist. replace batteries on the wrecker. (After pulling it out the shed with the fork truck. ) Easy? hang on I'll go take a pic (easy!(sic)) same as lugged onto the 5ton AND fire truck. Brrr..cold n' wet out there hope the pics R ok. Anyway back to the task.=Get deuce in to line. Move other trucks n' stuff out the way using fork truck. Crank up the wrecker move it into place. ready the crane. (at this juncture my lad arrives, woooh! hang on ill help you. ) so we lift the coms body out the deuce body. swing to the fence n' drop it there. Its now late dark n wet. thtas it for today. BUT a task was accomplished, TRUST ME when you start and just concentrate on the selected task/s and they are completed , you WILL feel satisfaction. START TODAY. DO SOMETHING/ANYTHING.. let us now your completed task, or Ongoing.
Tommorrow? I WILL clear up the yard. put the wrecker in its "home" OH! AFTER wiring up the sirens and lights. Sweep ot the cleared sheds and gather tools and equiptment ready for the next transfer. Then. BAttreies for the deuce , batteries for the Zill. That will be my "tasks" for the (that) day.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There is 37 post in this thread, about 95% say just put your pants on and get out there and do one way or the other, unless you have or had suffered with DEPRESSION you would not know that it is not like a light switch, turn it on/off at will, just FORCE yourself (you can not no matter what you try). Depression is very disabilitating, lack of motivation is just ONE of the symptoms, All the good meaning prompt just don't help when someone is out of work and still trying to feed there family, worrying about tomorrow ect., thay feel like the whole world is coming in on them. Depression feeds on depression, ( you are depressed because you are depressed). With the way the economy is, depression is on the FAST track to be the NUMBER ONE ILLNESS in this country, and yes it is a illness, sometimes meds help, sometimes not.

what people suffering with depression need are friends for support not pushing and prayers can not hurt.

Well that is my 2cents+

Last edited:

Cucvnut

Yes I suffer from Depression. Its huge. Ill go to school and then come home and have the whole afternoon to work on my truck and i cant get out side. its horrible I have not been this depressed in a while. I take meds they help but with no job and no health insurance i cant change what i am to see if it helps...I think the lack of people in my area save for Combat jump who have MV's hurts also. i know most of the stuff would cost me under 100 bucks to fix everything. im just stuck. Tomorrow i am going to try to pull my front drive shaft and do the DH relay and install my B&m trans modulator valve. thats a start MY goal is to have it running by new years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks