• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lack of motivation

SPCWarning

We'll be looking for a video of the first run, or at least a pic of it going down the road under its own power! I'm glad you're gettin 'er done! Keep us posted

J.Z.

motivation

Keep it up man,,,If you were closer I would hire you...I just put an ad in the paper for a part time local mechanic....Looking at my projects all winter and not driving them in the winter is always motivation for me...6months on the road,,6 months off...the salt around hear destroys vehicles quick...

SPCWarning

to bad your not closer i would bring my truck over lol.
I think he'd have more than just YOUR CUCV in there! Wow, I don't even have 7000 square ft of land! My shop's only 600 sq ft.

CgaEngineer, got pics of that monster? (not trying to hijack, Cucvnut, I'd just like to see a shop that big). What the heck is it, a hangar?

Cgaengineer

I think he'd have more than just YOUR CUCV in there! Wow, I don't even have 7000 square ft of land! My shop's only 600 sq ft.

CgaEngineer, got pics of that monster? (not trying to hijack, Cucvnut, I'd just like to see a shop that big). What the heck is it, a hangar?
I'll post a pic when I get by there today. Obviously it's not empty, but I have plenty of room to put a deuce in there...it really needs to be cleaned up badly, yesterday I went there to pickup a few things to help my partner finish a basement and I noticed how nasty it was. We already brought a roll off dumpster in there this spring but it's still nasty! My partner and I run a lawn care business out of it, right now it has my spray truck, our Isuzu NPR, an F250, a boat, bobcat and two trailers.

Clinto has been by there, he can tell you how big it is, but I'll take some pictures.

In the meantime, look up 380 East Midland Ave, suite 200 Winder, Ga

Last edited:

Cucvnut

So i put the intake back on hooked up the CDR valve and connected the wires. Then i bled the fuel filter and cranked it over a few times with an injector loose and no fuel came out. What is the proper way to bleed the injectors if all the lines have come off the truck?. im not sure if i am doing something wrong. it turns over but wont start.

Last edited:

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I've done 2 pumps. Both times I left all injector lines loose at the injectors and held the pedal to the floor while cranking until fuel started to leak out. Tighten up the lines and you should be good to go.

Cucvnut

Yay it ran some what. I got it to start i had to bleed the fuel system and then it would run but it would not run with out my foot in it(idle issues I think). I noticed I had fuel leaking down the back of the motor between in the engine and transmission. I checked all the fuel line fittings on the filter and the injectors. I then noticed fuel leaking in the valley pan so I pulled the intake and found the bottom fuel injector line was very loose(would this besides drawing air effect the idle issues?) so I tightened it back up and I am now in the process of re installing the intake. Would anyone care to help me with the no idle issues or would the fuel leak cause that like i stated. I'm making progress and I'm happy!

Last edited:

epartsman

When you get it back together start it and see if you stiil have the idle issue. You may have to bleed it some more but there is a good possibility it will all clear up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks