• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Laminated windshield glass edge sealer

Action

I finally decided on 3M Auto Bedding and Glazing Compound #08509 in a regular sized calk gun tube. I asked the auto paint and body supply shops for polybutylene but they all told me they dont carry it anymore. After purchasing the 3M 08509 I read the lable and it says it is polybutylene. Its a thick black paste and looks like what was originally in the gasket and around the windshield frame. Its a bit messy but cleans up with mineral spirits very well.

On a side note about the glass, the shipping label says; FROM AM General 5448 Dylan Drive South Bend IN and has an NSN 9340-01-185-3757 printed on it. Its etched with DOT and dated.
Did that ship directly to you from AMG? Or did it go the the place you bought it from then to you? I ask, because AMG used to drop ship directly to end user for free. A while back, they stopped and would only ship to "dealers". I am wondering if they went back to the drop ship, but you still had to pay shipping. You can check the tracking number to see where it actually came from.

formula223

Did that ship directly to you from AMG? Or did it go the the place you bought it from then to you? I ask, because AMG used to drop ship directly to end user for free. A while back, they stopped and would only ship to "dealers". I am wondering if they went back to the drop ship, but you still had to pay shipping. You can check the tracking number to see where it actually came from.

Unfortunately, they will not ship direct even though the AMG lable had my name and address printed on it. The box went through a Hummer dealer then to me.

Action

Unfortunately, they will not ship direct even though the AMG lable had my name and address printed on it. The box went through a Hummer dealer then to me.
I forgot about the cookies!
Luckily I got some when the shipping was free. I can imagine buying a fan shroud now and paying maybe triple that for postage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks