• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lamp/Bulb wattages

tankie88

Is there any reason why the rear lights have twin filament BA15S bulbs.One of mine has blown so i put in a single filament BA15S.The old bulb was a Taiwan one with no wattage marked.I take it they are 5 watts? Oh and is there any where in the TM's that tell you the bulb wattages? I couldn't find anything.aua

The bulbs are located in the TM-9-2320-361-20P. Just plug the part number you want into Google and you'll get all the relevant specs. There are 3 separate BA15s bulb types in the rear composite.
MS35478-1683 (28.56W)
MS15570-623 (15W)
MS15570-1251 (6.44W)

tankie88

After hunting the net over here there seems to be no european match for these bulbs.I take it they are a US military thing.I do have a couple of spares.I'll have to get a box of 10(of each sort) from your side of the pond.All trucks over here(even mil trucks) are 24v 5w for side/parking lights and 24v 21w for fog/reversing/brake light.

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For best prices/sources, search for "pin ball" in this forum to find a 2010 post that has the info. Think it is the first one to come up.

Cheers.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
I think the twin filament is so if one fails you still have some light. as to wattage, of course P=IxE, P=wattage I=amperage E=voltage so you can measure and select a locally available bulb. just don't get a Lucas bulb, the magic smoke might not be compatable

tankie88

The other week i bought 2 x front park/turn light units(the old ones were cracked at the back and letting in water rusting up the bulb holders)They have the 2 filament bulbs in.This week i bought 2 x units for the rear (lenses were faded/over sprayed on the old ones) They have 3 x 24v 10w and 1 x 24v 24w bulbs in all single filament.