• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lamp/Bulb wattages

tankie88

Is there any reason why the rear lights have twin filament BA15S bulbs.One of mine has blown so i put in a single filament BA15S.The old bulb was a Taiwan one with no wattage marked.I take it they are 5 watts? Oh and is there any where in the TM's that tell you the bulb wattages? I couldn't find anything.aua

The bulbs are located in the TM-9-2320-361-20P. Just plug the part number you want into Google and you'll get all the relevant specs. There are 3 separate BA15s bulb types in the rear composite.
MS35478-1683 (28.56W)
MS15570-623 (15W)
MS15570-1251 (6.44W)

tankie88

After hunting the net over here there seems to be no european match for these bulbs.I take it they are a US military thing.I do have a couple of spares.I'll have to get a box of 10(of each sort) from your side of the pond.All trucks over here(even mil trucks) are 24v 5w for side/parking lights and 24v 21w for fog/reversing/brake light.

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For best prices/sources, search for "pin ball" in this forum to find a 2010 post that has the info. Think it is the first one to come up.

Cheers.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
I think the twin filament is so if one fails you still have some light. as to wattage, of course P=IxE, P=wattage I=amperage E=voltage so you can measure and select a locally available bulb. just don't get a Lucas bulb, the magic smoke might not be compatable

tankie88

The other week i bought 2 x front park/turn light units(the old ones were cracked at the back and letting in water rusting up the bulb holders)They have the 2 filament bulbs in.This week i bought 2 x units for the rear (lenses were faded/over sprayed on the old ones) They have 3 x 24v 10w and 1 x 24v 24w bulbs in all single filament.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks