• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Landed my first M37 in Aberdeen

Rusty1340

Looks like a nice clean,straight truck.. Does it have a M42 tag on the dash? Big battery box or jump seat? I noticed the holes by the door for the spare tire carrier probably was a M42 at one time in its life. :beer:
All the dash plates are missing except the data plates are still on the glove box door it has a DOD 5-12-52.. Its a coincidence being I take it home 60 years later. I will need to read up on the differences of the M37 and the M42. As far as the seating it has the driver flip up bucket and then a bench type continuing over. I have a battery box but its not mounted and was told it goes under the seat.

Last edited:

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice straight truck! Not having to spend a lot of time on body work will make the restoration much easier and faster.

Congratulations! :beer:

Storm 51

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking at that one at the show. It looks like a pretty solid truck! It's been an adventure working on mine. Keep us updated on your progress.

:driver:

1943ht

Welcome to the "Addiction" as my Significant Other likes to say :shock:.
Great shape and as others have mentioned the spare tire setup is sweet .. pics are the lifeblood on these posts so please keep them coming :beer:

Rusty1340

We have some rust through on the doors and cowl panel its not big problem. body and paint was my background. The entire wiring harness is missing and what was there has been cut where it comes out the firewall. Its going to be a bit more challenging them my Jeep harness was. Big1096 your just around the corner from me I didnt get to look under your hood at Aberdeen would it be a problem you show me one day?

Thanks

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think we can arrange that! We still have plenty of stuff to get straightened out ourselves. We replaced the whole front harness with one from John at Midwest Military. He is a wealth of information!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks