• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lansing MI M818

Preacherboy

So...drive around your 813 you got back from Oshkosh and post some pictures in another thread!

By the way, I just spoke with Joe; he might be able to set up my recovery for Monday. Hopefully it will work out that way. He sounds pretty busy.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats once again preacherboy and since you are one of US let me say that you are the owner of one beautiful truck that I am sure will provide tons of entertainmnet for you!
KK

prattcobra

So...drive around your 813 you got back from Oshkosh and post some pictures in another thread!

By the way, I just spoke with Joe; he might be able to set up my recovery for Monday. Hopefully it will work out that way. He sounds pretty busy.

so did you get your truck ???

I'm still waitng for a euc..

Preacherboy

Arrived in Lansing at 8AM, ate at Tim Hortons. Joe showed about 8:45 and we went in and started messing with the truck. Checked fluids, all look good except the fuel just had a little in the bottom and it was murky.

So we try starting the truck, no go. Take off fuel filter and there is some nasty stuff, probably algea...brown muck. Ended up getting a fuel filter and a new fuel cut off switch from the Cummins dealer, still nothing.

Had to drive back and borrow a tow bar from mikeroot, thanks! Now we will be working on cleaning up the fuel system. If anyone has any thoughts let me know. I'll do a search too.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FORUM ETIQUETTE: Thread Hijacking 101 It is polite to keep a thread on topic. If an idea is sparked by an existing thread, please go start a new one rather than hijacking the current topic. The original poster can end up confused or disrespected by the direction a thread takes. It is especially important to new members of the forum who don't know the group yet or understand how everything works.
Discussion can frequently head off on a tangent occassionally, but an effort should be made to get back to the topic rather than continue to a full-fledged hijack.
What exactly is hijacking? Wikipedia has a good description of it: "Thread hijacking is the act of taking a forum discussion thread wildly off topic by discussing a subject entirely unrelated to the subject at hand."

I asked you guys nicely back on post #47 to not hijack this thread.

I had intended to use this thread for most of my M818 issues,as time goes on. Not no more...

Last edited:

Preacherboy

DH, the earlier posts was about some trailers or selling something as I recall, and that was never brought up again. What I was posting about now was a m818 from Lansing...exactly what the title says. Sorry to ruin your thread, that was not my intention . I can certainly start a new thread which would also be called Lansing, MI m818...

You will also notice in my post 101 that I was encouraging starting another thread about prattcobra's 813...which was a different subject.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks