• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lansing MI M818

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phase 2

I received a call Friday from a trucker(or a broker). They said I can have 2 M818s hauled here on Monday, for a fantastic price.I was at a show and did not have Glenn's number with me(thinking he has two broken trucks, and I had plans to go to Michigan for the Grayling gathering). This am I called Glenn with the truckers offer. He said he only wanted to have the one truck hauled, so, I set it up to have one of his and Mine hauled here, to my place. I was literally unloading, and reloading my trailer for the trip out this week. Talk about last minute...

The trucker will be picking them up on Monday am, and will be here Tues am.

I am pleased with the trucking situation but, now I won't be going to Michigan for the Grayling event. Catch 22 situation.

Hopefully Glenn will be contacting the person I referred him to, to get his other 818 fixed, so he can get that one home soon too.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am still considering heading out there! Sure sounds like a CRAZY idea to pay to haul a truck home, just to drive it back out there! :cookoo:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phase 2

I received a call Friday from a trucker(or a broker). They said I can have 2 M818s hauled here on Monday, for a fantastic price.I was at a show and did not have Glenn's number with me(thinking he has two broken trucks, and I had plans to go to Michigan for the Grayling gathering). This am I called Glenn with the truckers offer. He said he only wanted to have the one truck hauled, so, I set it up to have one of his and Mine hauled here, to my place. I was literally unloading, and reloading my trailer for the trip out this week. Talk about last minute...

The trucker will be picking them up on Monday am, and will be here Tues am.

I am pleased with the trucking situation but, now I won't be going to Michigan for the Grayling event. Catch 22 situation.

Hopefully Glenn will be contacting the person I referred him to, to get his other 818 fixed, so he can get that one home soon too.

I'm glad you got the trucks figured out, but I was gonna contact you before you left and see if you could bring my floodlights from Lane back through with you :-D

GamaGoatGirl

Phase 2 completed! Two trucks arrived here today, Doghead's and Glenn's. There was a lot of writing on the doors and the hood. He used carb and choke cleaner and it removed it all with no marks.

Here are some pics of today's arrival.

Attachments

citizensoldier

Speddmon don't worry I will get you your lights! I was playing with them today though.. lol.. I had only opened one of the older looking sets before. I opened one of the newer ones today and man these things are cool. I had to unload them out of a M101A2 that I was storing them in because I sold the trailer.
doghead I am happy your truck is safe and sound. This was a much better option than driving it home.. Better for your back and the truck.
Now did you send my trailers back with him? lol..

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lane, he has a load of cars to take back to MI.

The truckers name is Steve Justice. His number is, 810-223-3616. He is an owner/operator. He lives in Michigan.

I would recommend him to anyone here. He was easy to communicate with, and did a great job for a fair price.(IMHO).

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, he loaded them, himself. He called me when he arrived and we went over the truck starting and operating procedures, just to be sure he had no problems.

I'm happy with my truck. I'd be happier if GL hadn't continued to use it, after I won and paid for it(it had no oil in the transmission). Also wish everything in the GL pictures had still been there when the truck was picked up 2 weeks after the sale. I don't expect much with GL(saves alot of disappointment)

I am very pleased to see that it has a new radiator, engine and possibly transmission.

Hmm. maybe I'll take it for a late night spin around the block...

Thanks once again, to all who helped me with this. I could not have done it with out all your help.

Last edited:

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speddmon don't worry I will get you your lights! I was playing with them today though.. lol.. I had only opened one of the older looking sets before. I opened one of the newer ones today and man these things are cool. I had to unload them out of a M101A2 that I was storing them in because I sold the trailer.

I'm glad you finally got them out to play around with. It's a shame you didn't get to use them at your rally/show the other month like you wanted to. I wouuld have loved to know that they were put to a good use.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad you finally got them out to play around with. It's a shame you didn't get to use them at your rally/show the other month like you wanted to. I wouuld have loved to know that they were put to a good use.
Tom and/or Lane, how many and how large? Maybe I can get them (from Lane) this weekend in Grayling and they'll be 180 miles closer to you (Tom). Send me a PM.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tom and/or Lane, how many and how large? Maybe I can get them (from Lane) this weekend in Grayling and they'll be 180 miles closer to you (Tom). Send me a PM.

I know there are 4 crates, but for the weight, you'll have to ask Lane about that. I haven't even laid eyes on them yet...LOL

Closer would be helpful...I could get the gimpster to grab them on one of his many trips to MI delivering stuff for people :beer::beer:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know there are 4 crates, but for the weight, you'll have to ask Lane about that. I haven't even laid eyes on them yet...LOL

Closer would be helpful...I could get the gimpster to grab them on one of his many trips to MI delivering stuff for people :beer::beer:
I'm more concerned with physical size as I do not have much indoor storage space. I'll shoot him a PM and let you know what transpires.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tightened the draglink ball socket and that seemed to solve the wheel wiggle.

I looked at the fuel tank selector valve yesterday. It is frozen solid. I had the top nut/cover off and the inside section will not budge. Gonna have to replace it. I think I found the OEM valve and it's still available. http://www.jmsonline.net/fuel-valve-6-port.htm?source=googleps

Last edited: