• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lansing MI M818

Preacherboy

I just won a M105A2 from the Lansing sight, and am currently awaiting my EUC, I live about 2 hours away.
If it ever gets cleared, I will be down that way, and could help out if needed.
Eventually I'd like to get a deuce, so the learning experience would be worth it to me.

I didn't see any of the m105 trailers out of Lansing in a couple of weeks, I must have missed it. Did you get a good deal? If you haven't bought anything from GL expect a loooonnnggg wait on that first EUC.

4x4e350

I didn't see any of the m105 trailers out of Lansing in a couple of weeks, I must have missed it. Did you get a good deal? If you haven't bought anything from GL expect a loooonnnggg wait on that first EUC.
I won the trailer about 2 weeks ago. It was a good deal for me, I ended up getting it for $470, I'm sure not a great price, but to get started with GL, and get my EUC going it was well worth it. Plus, the M105 will look cool behind my 4x4 E350 Ambulance until I get the duece. I already made a raised pintle hook so the trailer will travel level.
That's what I'm afraid of, the EUC will take forever. :cry:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, the pick-up date has been moved up to Tues, Lane and DaveP are gonna be there early and move the 3 M818s to TedGs.

Mikeroot, if you get to pick-up your truck on Tues also, maybe you can meet up with them and help out or whatever(or Josh or anyone else).

mikeroot2

Joe will be there from 9-1:30. I'm suppossed to be there about 9:30. I plan on getting there 9ish and waiting in the lot next door. I will be recovering my 818 and mep003a. I will definetly help the guys, that is if they want it. I'll PM citizen.

Preacherboy

I won the trailer about 2 weeks ago. It was a good deal for me, I ended up getting it for $470, I'm sure not a great price, but to get started with GL, and get my EUC going it was well worth it. Plus, the M105 will look cool behind my 4x4 E350 Ambulance until I get the duece. I already made a raised pintle hook so the trailer will travel level.
That's what I'm afraid of, the EUC will take forever. :cry:
$470 isn't that bad (for usual Michigan prices), if you are willing to drive a couple more hours you can get them in other states for under $200 usually.

I had one for sale recently for $525--without the wait! I even threw in a spare tire!

4x4e350

$470 isn't that bad (for usual Michigan prices), if you are willing to drive a couple more hours you can get them in other states for under $200 usually.

I had one for sale recently for $525--without the wait! I even threw in a spare tire!
Wish I would of known about your trailer.:sad:
Let me know if you have a duece for sale????:p

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, I told Joe, Lane would be there at 8-8:30 am. Joe didn't say anything about the time not working for him. He did make one comment that worried me though....

Would you guys buy or sell your trailers in another thread please? (that's call "hijacking") A single comment is no big deal, but to continue on about a new topic, when we are trying to focus on scheduling a group pickup is not helpful at all.

4x4E350, you should swing by and meet the guys, if you have time. Not sure a group gathering at the GL lot is a good idea though.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I know he's on the site. Not gonna repeat it here. Hope Tues goes well. This whole thing has had me sweating lately.

No worries on the trailer sales,I understand one thing leads to another and so on...

Preacherboy

now you got me wondering...Tuesday I was going to go listen to my mentor preach (he is 87 and does not preach much anymore); but now I want to hitch a ride with mikeroot and see what the fuss is about. I like drama, as long as it doesn't involve me! My dad works at a concrete plant and he calls the drama there "as the drum turns", so we could call the GL saga something like "as the forks destroy" or "like sand through the hourglass, we sit and wait for our EUC's"

Or I could drive the deuce, I just need the heat the flame heater valve assembly to stop leaking, and meet up with you guys at Ted's. I'd like to meet Ted because my last name is Gates too.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ted won't be there on Tues. There's nothing to worry about(no fuss).;-)

mikeroot2

The recovery went flawless. Joe was awesome to deal with. Had to add a couple gallons of oil and top off one differential and mine was road worthy. Used it to pull the genset back.

doghead, Lane/DaveP and gang had yours well under control. Joe moved them to the front of the lot before they arrived and had em running.

Attachments

Last edited:

mikeroot2

Hey Troutt, Had this one covered(That 818 needs nothing. It's ready to rock), but I'm sure it wont be the last. Man, there are so many people willing to lend a hand here on SS, sure is a nice problem to have! This site and most the people on it is awesome.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, I can't express in words, how nice it was to have so much help offered.

All you guys that offered to help(in many ways), really made this happen. Even my backup plans, had backup plans!

I really appreciate it.

Phase 1 is complete and was a great success. On to Phase 2!

Last edited:

citizensoldier

I met Mike briefly as he was pulling out. He was way out back PMing his truck and Joe had ours up front. Thanks for the help offer Mike and hope you can bring that cherry M818 up to Grayling or just come up and take turns riding with anyone who needs a navigator!
Doghead your welcome and I wish I could have done more but time was flying and we had a long drive ahead of us. See you at the trail ride! I hope!:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks