• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Last M123a1c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirt71

I'm going down from Jacksonville tomorrow and have a look. I'm surprised it took so long for you guy's to notice it on GL. as it's been on there since 5/14.
If you like I will let you all know what I find. if I win the truck I have no problem with driving it back to Jacksonville if it is able.

P.S. I have every intention of owning this truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

M1075

I don't know how much the truck is worth, but it probably has about $10,000 in tires on it. Better plan on $20K or more to bring it home...

humble1

LOL...there is some of the biggest talk I have ever heard coming out on this board!!! This was more fun than I thought it would be! Sorry to out anyone's secret,a after a few agonizing days I stopped lying to myself about buying it and wanted to make sure that it didn't slip by.

Elwenil

I seriously doubt that much on GL slips by the guys on here with the money and the means to buy such things, lol. Even those of us without the money and the means watch GL like a hawk. rofl

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just don't understand why people insist on outing autions like this. Why is it also people who are new that do this to others? The serious people already were looking, and knew about it. I mean my first thought was if you work for GL.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
some serious advice.......

The 10T trucks are OVERWIDTH vehicles. They are not legal in most states to operate on public highways unless you are a gov't entity of some sort. An individual can get away with it in some states by removing the outer rear wheels. At a top speed of about 42 mph, loud, sometimes tempermental while shifting gears, and extrememly hard-riding without a big dozer or M48 or M60 behind you, your "fun" driving it home will disappear within a few minutes. I spent nine years around those trucks and 5t's. You should buy something a LOT more practical to operate and maintain, if you only want to play...

Search "Vanetta Trucks" on the web if you want to hear more opinions about operating and maintaining 10T's. They are an unstoppable beast unless you hit a mine or a train, but they are no picnic to play with unless it's a static display piece. 5T's are big enough for limited practicality, and big jobs. 5T parts more plentiful.

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: some serious advice.......

msgjd said:
The 10T trucks are OVERWIDTH vehicles. They are not legal in most states to operate on public highways unless you are a gov't entity of some sort. An individual can get away with it in some states by removing the outer rear wheels.
All you need is a overwidth permit to drive it in any state and you don't have to be the Government. A permit useually only cost about $20-$50 per state for a 3-day permit. You can get a yearly permit for a couple of hundred in most states. In TN farmers are allowed 10' width without a permit for local travel. Historic tags may have the same exception.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: some serious advice.......

Yes, you are correct, in some states. OW permit here is $250 per day, with restricted routes and restricted daytime hours. Agricultural exceptions here are only on farm equipment... no trucks unless they have spray equipment or farm implements of some sort mounted or carried upon them. My jist on "gov't entities" is based on the fact that municipalities here that use 10T's for snowplowing or heavy-equipment hauling are exempt from the OWP process.

Dirt71

I have owned a couple of 10 ton's in the past, and right now hav a M125, so I understand what you are saying, about the ride. But for me it is the best part about owning these monster's!! The one's I've drivin didn't ride that rough anyway, but everbody has their own opinion!! and as for drvivng only 40mph and 3 mile per gal. so what I'll just get on U.S 1 or A1A and cruise right along. It's only about 130 miles which even at 3 mil. per gallon it's still way cheaper than shipping!!!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Ethan...no need to post any auction information. In fact, it is in direct violation of this forum's rules. I also agree with the poster that mentioned that, just because we don't post something to this list, it does not mean no one knows about it. I saw it the day they posted it. I agree with James (M1075): it will take $20K to get it.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
humble1 said:
after a few agonizing days I stopped lying to myself about buying it and wanted to make sure that it didn't slip by.
This is a perfect example of the type of thinking that infuriates those who oppose this type of posting.

You did not post anything about this auction until you decided that you were not seriously interested.
Why is that? (<-- That's rhetorical...)

Those who *remained* seriously interested did not post it. As for "slipping by"... NOTHING slips by everyone. Someone knows about it and they will bid on it. Who exactly were your trying to help? Next time, why not just email them directly?

humble1

LOL! That's right I work for GL and I get a precentage of everything that I get you guys to buy! Boy I'm just rolling in the money I make. (that was a joke, I'm really a graduate student in KY who loves everything that has an engine in it) To be honest, I'm sorry if it made you mad BUT as you have so aptly pointed out for me, nothing gets by anyone here so why are you so upset? As for the questioning of my motives, I'm personally offended.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No need to worry about why people get upset. The site rules are pretty clear. Like it or loathe it...no posting upcoming auction information. If you are unclear what this represents, check with a moderator. I am sure you meant no harm by posting this info.

mangus580

You guys might want to stop beating the guy up, and see the rules again...

2. NO FRIVOLOUS AUCTION POSTING: This means no posting auction links just for the sake of posting. If the item is easily found using a search engine on an auction site, don't post it. SS members are not interested in your every auction whim on a daily basis. If you feel an item is just so unique or exciting that you just have to share, fine, go ahead, but use your common sense. Posting links is OK. Posting a link to your eBay listing is OK. If it looks frivolous, and I know that is very subjective, then it will be deleted or edited by myself or a moderator. Think about why you are posting about item X. Would you still post it if you were bidding on it? If you have someone in mind for it, send them a PM. Don't clog up the forum with a bunch of fluff postings.
I would say this fits the 'rare' clause. I deleted the link primarily because the images were posted later on.

If I had my way... there would be NO auction links allowed, but the pictures would be allowed to be shared. (preservation of the topic that way)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I meant to say that I am sure HUMBLE meant NO harm in posting this info. The fingers are typing faster than the brain...sorry about that.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
humble1 said:
...as you have so aptly pointed out for me, nothing gets by anyone here so why are you so upset?
You misquoted me. I pointed out nothing of the sort, aptly or otherwise. I said "Nothing slips by everyone". That is not the same as "Everone on this site knows about everything". If you found it, chances are so did plenty of other people.

As for the logic of "Everyone knows, so why not post it?", I would counter with "If everyone already knows, why post it. That's a waste of bandwidth."

The fact is, the "everyone knows" argument is fallacious. That is what aggravates me. That has nothing to do with why you and others post these things, yet you claim it justifies the post.

You posted in case someone missed it, but only because you don't want it. In other words, you wouldn't share if you were interested and you clearly don't believe everyone already knows or you wouldn't have bothered to post it as a "In case you guys missed it" thread, so don't use "everyone already knows" as a justification. :roll:

Elwenil

I have made a post in the suggestions board proposing a new rule regarding this situation. Please post up your comments and thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.