• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Last night GL win and another project

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I studied the mission requirements carefully and came to the conclusion that it will come to pass with minimal poopooishness.(That's my own word...don't use it)

Anyway...what could happen?? We are untrained amatures with professional goals!!:beer:

Attachments

zout

M109 fueled and filled to the top - CHECK
Pre-trip Inspection done - CHECK
All components loaded for conversion - CHECK
Steaks picking up Fri for Fri nights shin dig - CHECK
Ferro's bribe payoff ready - CHECK
Couple toys for Troy and Tony at CAMO loaded - CHECK

Nothing but one bodacious Saturday to look forward to with friends - CHECK

Walk away from Swiss's truck and totally dis-reguard - CHECK

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Everything's ready on this end...or will be tomorrow...EXCEPT the cab canvass! The feller called today and he is in FL so I told him we would work sumpin out for a temp top.
Don't have a clue what...yet.:shock::roll:

Anyhoo...we are really good at crisis management and field expedency so what the heck we'll just-:grd:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We'll muster up some eggs, SOS w/biscuits, sausage and bacon etc...then we'll attack in full force. Should be done in time for lunch!!:naner:

goldneagle

I have a nice Cab Tan soft top assembly for a m939 truck that is supposed to be a trade in for the hardtop I got from Jeff Davis. If you can make arrangements with Jeff I can ship the components directly to you. Let me know.

zout

I appreciate the offer GE - Last week I sent a check to Jeff Davis for a complete top and framework that was SUPPOSE to be a surprise for me (but I found out about it) - there happen to be a fella there that is a member here that was headed back to Columbus - the only problem we did not know at that time was - he was not directly heading back there - he is in FL now and has the soft top and framework with him.

So Sat at top will be MIA - but everything else is looking on the brighter side - even the weather for a change with only 30% chance of rain - which most likely will follow me all the way home. Its going home non the less.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If we drive fast enough, the rain should just flow right over the windshield. Or, we can get a tarp, and about a mile of 200 mph tape, and build us a soft top. Or have ferro steal one of the soft tops he has in his compound.

Or just have the sun shine..............:naner:

goldneagle

If we drive fast enough, the rain should just flow right over the windshield. Or, we can get a tarp, and about a mile of 200 mph tape, and build us a soft top. Or have ferro steal one of the soft tops he has in his compound.

Or just have the sun shine..............:naner:
Actually i drove an M923 with a missing soft top from Ft. Polk to Slidell in the rain for almost 5 hours. If you drive fast enough and duck your head below the windshield you will not get wet. The wind blew the rain right past me. I got wetter taking the tools out of the back of the chase vehicle when I got home.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I've put in a request with the Good Lord for fair weather and I believe the request will be honored.

Getting ready now to head to the compound and start getting stuff ready for breakfast.

Lots going on today, breakfast at the compound...then pull the bed off the M923 and load it onto Wreckerman's trailer, then pull the 109 box off Zout's camper truck and drop it (OOPS) onto Zouts new 923 toy.

Then lunch....and prolly some lie telling sessions etc.:papabear:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a good day is in order. Hope the ride for Commander Warp and sidekick is pleasant.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why are there no in progress pics of these mechanical deviant brothers of mine building a motor home?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Why are there no in progress pics of these mechanical deviant brothers of mine building a motor home?
I can't post any pics cause I still can't find my camera...might have to see if they still sell em at the store.:oops:

However...I can post a mission update:

Wreckerman arrived at the compound before the rest of us this morning and was immediately placed under "BabyBear Watch" by my lot man.

The rest of us arrived at the scheduled time and we began the CAMO Compound Breakfast routine which included dragging the camper next to the shop door and placing the kitchen into service. 15 troops present
We had eggs, bacon, sasuage, biscuits, SOS, donuts, OJ and coffee...then we went to work.

First we lifted the dropside bed off Zouts M923 and loaded it onto WM's trailer...no problems.

Then we lifted the box off Zout's M109 and set it on the M923 frame and began securing it...then it was lunch!!!!!!!

After lunch the crew started inspecting the trucks for the trip north... and they departed around 16:15hrs.

Zout, Ferro and EMD took lot's of pics of the operation but I imagine it will be awhile before they post.

Oh BTW...the M909 has no cab top...we didn't worry too much about it because it didn't look like rain was in the near future....well...about 17:00 it came a REAL TURD FLOATER here so I bet Ferro and Zout will be REALLY clean when they get home!:naner:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exciting news Papabear. Did Commander Warp seem pleased with his new hooch? Gonna need a longer boarding ladder or a portable stoop with steppage to tow around.

Status
Not open for further replies.