• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LAV-150 Gwinnett Sheriff SWAT

wgtactical

And very polite and pleasant kids they are too! Nice to meet kids like that these days.

May I suggest that we now leave the debate about whether or not police should have these vehicles? That topic has been beaten to death in other threads, this one is about the vehicle rebuild, not the politics involved.

Cheers
Outstanding idea Rory :-D

It may have been beaten to death, but evidently it's not dead enough :roll:

lstmate

Watch out on some of those seals on hatches..... Some were made wiht materials that contain PCB's.... A new worry for us at the ship.

wgtactical

Here's what it looks like with epoxy on it. The last pic shows some touch up with spot putty. It's not like we are making a show piece, but there are some blemishes that I don't want to see in the final product

Attachments

DigDug45

You guys do great work!
Do you have any pics of the engine compartment with the Detroit in it?
What HP configuration is it?
I see the exhaust on the opposite side of the vehicle, does it run right over the access compartment?

:?:

SSG TROLL

your M114's do they have the ma-duece turret or 20mm turret my old squad leader used them when he was blackhorse in fulda. Loved to hear his stories about being chased in the woods by german 113's and getting away from them in the trees

SSG TROLL

im sure you saw my thread about an M8 greyhound thats sitting over here in Taji. I'm going to talk to the maintence chief into helping me get it rebuilt and see if we can take back to the states. Love armored cars and my STRYKER. Bet your boys love helping you with the build and it looks good, can't wait to see the finished product.

wgtactical

Looks great Gerald!!! I agree that we should have contacted Discovery channel and done a east/west build-off!!! would have been fun...
Thanks Robert, I'm sure both of us has more of this type work coming down the pipe...and you never know who's watching these threads ;-)

Do ya'll allow visitors? I would love to come by and check out your shop!!!
Sure :-D If you're in the area, give me a shout.

wgtactical

Heres a few more pics. The first is the mount we made for the gas gun, and the others are at different times the LEDs cycle. When we shoot another Youtube video, you will be able to tell more about it.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks