• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LAV150 rework for Florida Sheriff

wgtactical

2012 marks 75 years for the Georgia State Patrol and 50 years for the Sky Marshal Program :beer:
I have some great friends in both agencies who presented me with these really cool commemorative gifts that I thought I'd share :mrgreen:

Attachments

wgtactical

Here's an example of what we're finding on this rig, which is not really that bad considering it's age and the service it's seen. We cut the bad part off, ground the hull to clean metal then welded a new part made from stainless steel. Rust, twisted and broken parts along with stuck bolts are quite common on this type of equipment and anytime I have a chance to use stainless steel, I take it.

Attachments

wgtactical

Nice work as always!

How much to liner my deuce floors and 105 bed? :mrgreen:
Thank you! I will need to get back with you on the deuce floors. For the time being we're trying to get caught up on projects already on the floor.

Here's the top going back on and you can see how the interior is starting to look.

Attachments

wgtactical

1) Discovered a puddle of gear oil under the transfer case.
2) So we pulled the transfer case to see what we had
3) There was some corrosion where the seal makes contact (red arrow) that caused the lip seal to be worn away as if it had been sanded (blue arrow)

Attachments

wgtactical

The transfer case has been repaired and reinstalled, now on to other problems...

The wiring harness has been cut in several places, and the connector for the light switch assembly was cut off as well.

Picking up a new switch assembly and connector was easy, but it's a bit of a task to make solder repairs to the shell and pin connector, considering the location that it has to be performed.

Attachments

L1A1

The transfer case has been repaired and reinstalled, now on to other problems...

The wiring harness has been cut in several places, and the connector for the light switch assembly was cut off as well.

Picking up a new switch assembly and connector was easy, but it's a bit of a task to make solder repairs to the shell and pin connector, considering the location that it has to be performed.
With all the upgrades you've been doing, I'm kind of surprised that you went with the "old" three lever light switch and not the electronic one seen in M35A3s...
Matt

wgtactical

Thanks for the input guys 8) The folks making the decisions on this unit wants the wiring to be pretty much the way it was when the OEM sent it out. It will have some upgraded lighting features, but that will be a 12v circuit through a different switch setup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks