• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lds Injection Pump On Ldt

RAYZER

Both and LDS and an LDT.

I do not think the springs are the only difference in the ldt pump and the lds pump.
I agree there must be other differences, the HH for one, the smoke cam comes set up different also.
I'll look for other physical differences in the ip tm.uploadfromtaptalk1414924732031.jpguploadfromtaptalk1414924754803.jpg

RAYZER

http://www.jatonkam35s.com/DeuceTechnicalManuals/TM9-2910-226-34.PDF
Here's the tm on multifuel injection pumps, i can't find any real differences in specs or part numbers between the code B and code E pump lower unit internals IE advance unit, control unit, govener unit except spring rates in the advance and govener units, and how the smoke cam is set up.
Couldn't find any spec info on HH internals between the two, no info on fuel delivery volume or fuel timing.
Disclaimer: I could have missed something.

Last edited:

RAYZER

Going off the graph looks like 1800-2000 rpm is the sweet spot for cruising with torque and fuel economy
Keep in mind that this is an ldt engine which has a different cam than the lds which I'm sure makes a difference in performance between the two(an entire discussion on that somewhere else).
The lds pump with its advance timing caricteristics i believe brings the ldt performance and power band closer to performing like an lds but not exactly like the lds graph specs, but this is just speculation at this point.
When i pull the trailer and work it the hardest I'm usually running 2500 rpm's for prolonged periods, i got around 8 mpg under those conditions, it remains to be seen if I do any better with the lds pump, i doubt it.
Reluctant to say it but on my test run yesterday I ran it up to 2800 rpm's for about 2 seconds! Little bit scarry!uploadfromtaptalk1414947096204.jpg
Pic taken at the 2014 Ga Rally.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to hear it's running well now!

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reluctant to say it but on my test run yesterday I ran it up to 2800 rpm's for about 2 seconds! Little bit scarry!

Don't be scared Ray, I saw a thread last week where someone said they are turning their multi fuel 3200 rpms, or something crazy like that. :eek:

Oh, and ealse is else. :) Stupid phone....

RAYZER

Well guys, reporting back from a 200 mile round trip to the Fl Rally and I'm very pleased with the performance of my new Lds pump!
The trip consisted of interstate most of the way with some pretty good grades to pull,
The new lds pump gives me more power to pull these grades with less downshifting!
The new combo pyrometer/boost gauge I installed before I left on the trip proved to be invaluable for tweaking the fuel screw, i think I have it just right!uploadfromtaptalk1415644220239.jpg

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that photo of the boost and Pyro reading under a full throttle and a heavily loaded engine? I'm about to put a LDS pump on my LDT engine.

Last edited:

JasonS

Well guys, reporting back from a 200 mile round trip to the Fl Rally and I'm very pleased with the performance of my new Lds pump!
The trip consisted of interstate most of the way with some pretty good grades to pull,
The new lds pump gives me more power to pull these grades with less downshifting!
The new combo pyrometer/boost gauge I installed before I left on the trip proved to be invaluable for tweaking the fuel screw, i think I have it just right!View attachment 526375
Are the results shown in the pyro/ boost more or less fueling than the stock setting?

RAYZER

Are the results shown in the pyro/ boost more or less fueling than the stock setting?
Not the stock setting.
The fdc unit (where the fuel screw resides) was missing from the lds pump when given to me,
I used the fdc from my Ldt pump which had the the fuel screw turned up.
upon installing this fdc on the Lds pump i turned the fuel screw down about 12 flats to be on the safe side and tweaked it down a little more from there.
I feel comfortable with where it's presently set in relation to the topographics of my area but on my next Ga trip I will turn it down some more due to longer and steeper grades on the route.
I'm now contemplating a manual fdc adjustment via vernier cable (to adjust fdc smoke cam ramp up or down)for the ability to tweak fuel rate on the fly.
I believe someone has done this already, i haven't searched yet.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks