• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDT 465-1C engine/rebuild tags questions

TruckGuy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was looking around the engine and discovered a painted over tag. From reading other posts I knew should be a rebuild tag. So I just had to clean the tag and take a look. Boy, cleaning that tag was a real PITA.

Anyway, here's the questions. The engine has a manufacture date on the tag of 2/84. The rebuild tag has a date of 12/10/87. Is it normal to see a rebuild after such a short time? The tag shows BORE/MAINS/RODS as all being standard size. Would this have been a full rebuild or just a "check up"? What would go in the "MWO APPLIED" area?

Also spotted the TD Thick Deck mark. So guess that's a good thing.

Engine Tag.jpgTD Cast Stamp.jpgEngine Rebuild Tag - before.jpgEngine Rebuild Tag - start.jpgEngine Rebuild Tag.jpg

Flyingvan911

Thick deck is a good thing. The engine may have been rebuilt just because the truck went through the rebuild process. That more of a guess. Someone will know for sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks