• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leak: Thoughts before degreasing and diagnose

Leonardo82nd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If there is ever a question on assembly order, thats where the respective -24P manual shines.

View attachment 858795
everything looks good , except now I’m having some issues starting . batteries charged and load tested @ AutoZone ✅ FULL charge .
fuel ✅ Primed for 5 minutes ✅. Throttle adjusted , still a no go .

Any suggestions, before I dig thru the TM ?

attached below 👇🏽 are 2 video links (after priming for several minutes and 3 unsuccessful starts ) and a few photos.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ray70

Is the first image of the current throttle setting? If so it appears you have the throttle pushed all the way in.
Might want to pull the throttle out a bit more and retry.
You have smoke, so that means you're getting fuel, but I'm not sure I like the way it's cranking.
It sounds a little slow and I don't really like the sound of the compression, but you said it ran great before, so start by checking the throttle and double check that the batteries are still charged fully.
If it still won't start you can try a little carb cleaner in the air inlet. I'd stay clear of ether, go with something less volatile if you want to try starting aids...
And don't use the intake heater if you're going to use any kind of spray !

Guyfang

Staff member
Batteries are not charged.

Throttle cable not pulled out all the way.

Linkage not adjusted right. Look at "Linkage Adj" attchment.

Linkage bent.

Is the knob able to travel freely in the slot on the linkage?

Look at the "Linkage" attachment. Is your linkage JUST LIKE the picture? It looks like you have a nut between the knob and the linkage. And Item #4, should be a nut with a shoulder on it, to FREELY slide in the slot of the linkage.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks