• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaking Model 80 fuel filter base

jvlmed

I have a 85 M1028. My fuel filter base is leaking and needs to be rebuilt or replaced. I am having a hard time finding parts. Any help would be appreciated.

ssgtwright-usmc

Had same problem, leaking at the plastic drain screw plug which Chevy/GM does't sell by itself.
Got a new base with filter from ebay for $45. The only other thing I had to buy was the fuel pressure switch for the fuel filter base.

86M10086.2L

Here's food for thought, I had the same problem. Bought new swithces on E-pay, got a used fuel filter base froma member here on Steel Soldiers, and I tapped out the water and air drain fittings on the top and bottom of base and installed brass needle valves with some short lengths of 1/4" tubbing. Much easier to use, makes far less mess. And seal much better.

Attachments

jvlmed

Thanks for all the information.

I replaced the fuel filter base (new one was without the pressure switch) from www.oem-surplus.comand. I also installed new Wellman 70 glow plugs while I was working on it. The truck starts much better. It barely turns over and it's running.

The main issue I had was starting and then stalling seeming to be out of fuel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks