• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaking Model 80 fuel filter base

jvlmed

I have a 85 M1028. My fuel filter base is leaking and needs to be rebuilt or replaced. I am having a hard time finding parts. Any help would be appreciated.

ssgtwright-usmc

Had same problem, leaking at the plastic drain screw plug which Chevy/GM does't sell by itself.
Got a new base with filter from ebay for $45. The only other thing I had to buy was the fuel pressure switch for the fuel filter base.

86M10086.2L

Here's food for thought, I had the same problem. Bought new swithces on E-pay, got a used fuel filter base froma member here on Steel Soldiers, and I tapped out the water and air drain fittings on the top and bottom of base and installed brass needle valves with some short lengths of 1/4" tubbing. Much easier to use, makes far less mess. And seal much better.

Attachments

jvlmed

Thanks for all the information.

I replaced the fuel filter base (new one was without the pressure switch) from www.oem-surplus.comand. I also installed new Wellman 70 glow plugs while I was working on it. The truck starts much better. It barely turns over and it's running.

The main issue I had was starting and then stalling seeming to be out of fuel.