• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sending an e-mail to my State Senator Jim Butterworth and calling his office as well. Every SS member in Georgia needs to contact their Senator also. I also intend to get as many friends to contact their Senators as well. The more contacts the better the chance for success.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sending an e-mail to my State Senator Jim Butterworth and calling his office as well. Every SS member in Georgia needs to contact their Senator also. I also intend to get as many friends to contact their Senators as well. The more contacts the better the chance for success.
Gary thank you for your support, when calling your senator please ask them to support Senate Bill 392 Military Vehicles.

These calls need to be made this week as the Bill will probably go to the Senate Floor for voting on Monday the last day for voting before the bills need to cross over to the house.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just CALLED Mr. Butch Miller, gave his office my name and address, and just said THANK YOU for taking his time to help with SENATE BILL 392 MILITARY VEHICILES, come on guys, get those phones a humming, Monday is CROSS OVER DAY, this is where bills in the senate go to the house and house bills go over to the senate, IF the cross over IS NOT MADE, the bill IS DEAD for this term. So keep it short, respectful and ----
MAKE THOSE CALLS
Either THANKING for there support or ASKING for there support.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who else needs to report in about contacting their Senator? Lets get the reports in please.

poppop

I have not been in touch with mine but I had him on board 4 weeks ago. He is very well respected and at one time was Ga. State Commander of the National Guard. He is behind us 100 percent.

I am going in for hip replacement surgery in the morning so I will be out of the loop for several days.

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just discovered that Jim Butterworth resigned as State Senator for District 50 when he was made Adjutant General of the GA National Guard. Interesting that my e-mail didn't come back. I just e-mailed John Wilkinson at john.wilkinson@senate.ga.gov. I'll call him at 404-463-5257 in the morning. My wife is sending e-mails to everyone she knows in District 50 and 51 asking them to call and e-mail. She's already contacted close to 30 people and is still at it.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Frank Ginn of the 47th and Bill Jackson of the 24th have been contacted.
Gunnermac thank you, Both Frank and Bill are on the transportation committee and voted in favor of the Bill. Frank is also a co sponsor of the Bill and gets a big thanks!

zout

Yeah - like I wasn't going to call any of them and thank them - BTW - what does it mean when you call and they tell you "can you please not keep calling consecutively" "can you wait a few minutes in between calls". go figure.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job those that have called and reported back. We have a lot of districts and a lot of Georgia members. Please pm or call everyone you know in Georgia. We need to hit all the districts from now to end of week,

There are a lot of Georgia members we have not heard from. This is a no cost effort lets step it up ladies and gentlemen ..

zout

Absolutely before Monday its time to make those calls Georgia members.
Lots of folks if they can please report in on this thread that you have made contact to PASS SB392 on Monday.

It costs you nothing but a few minutes to make the call and here is the list you can find out whom your Senator is:
http://www.senate.ga.gov/senators/en-US/SenateMembersList.aspx

Click on their name for your district - it gives you their contact info - now how much easier can this get ?

undysworld

Swiss,
Great job getting this to a vote.

TO ALL GEORGIA MEMBERS,

Step up and contact your Senator! A phone call is best, as it really shows you care. A letter works ok, but an email often gets lost in the flood. Phone calls carry the most weight politically.

Be sure to tell them to support Senate Bill 392. Staffers identify everything by the bill number. The bill number may change as it progresses. Pay attention to what Swiss tells you.

Get your friends and relatives to call IN FAVOR of Senate Bill 392 too. You don't have to own a green truck to participate. Call everyone you know and ask them to call their Senator and push for passage of Senate Bill 392.

Let's face it, only a percentage of proposed bills ever get signed into law. If you want this one to make it, then take the time to help.
DO IT NOW!!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a ton of Georgia members we have not heard from yet. I am going to publish "the list of shame"tomorrow, do you want to be on it?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Georgia Members??? How is the calling going today? I have three project deadlines due at work for Friday, 2 sales proposals and a major software product rewrite going on as we speak. Still trying to get this project to the finish line also. We are all busy.

Stop and Make the Call please.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry one more point. I realize many of you are saying, I will never buy a newer 5 ton. That is fine but what about your children? What about the next generation of Steel Soldiers?

Realize that this issue may not be about "You" personally but it is about the future of Former Military Vehicles in the state of Georgia.

Please make the phone calls!

Sorry for the soap box but I get passionate about these things :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks