• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

zout

When I looked today - there were only 10 more days of sessions. Swiss will give the heads up and keep those House Rep contact numbers close by and lets all duplicate what took place this afternoon - a sweeping vote YES.

Many thanks to all of you - its been an awesome day for the Ga MV history books.

NOW ya all glad Swiss got us a lobbyist.

zout

Everyone on SS should be proud of the achievements today even though we have one hurdle to go - its an absolute victory for all - and yes the Lobbyist still has to work the House side so this can get a full blessing an onto a signing of the Governor in the very near future.

The same feeling when Wisc won their hard fought victory - they paved the way.

unaffiliated

Donation to the cause has been sent. I meant to do it this morning. It is the best I can do right now but every little bit helps. Thanks swiss and all the SS Members who donated their time and money to this project.

Last edited:

poppop

Great job everyone!! I think the unanimous vote will help a lot in the house. I personally see no reason for them to feel any different that the Senate. We still need to contact our representatives and ask for their support when the time comes. Swiss will let us know when that is. We are fortunate that the amendment could be voted on separably from the bill as this could have been a killer for the bill. Amendments like these are tacked onto a really strong bill in hopes it will slip past in the vote. I have seen bills die before because of whats tacked on to them, so we were very lucky today.

zout

Some secret inside info is - some of the Senate folks have already been talking with the House side along with OUR lobbyist preparing for this - we are not lucky - we picked our Mission and we nailed due to Swiss

I am saying some inside info but - our lobbyist was already preparing the way for us and not just to get us this far - its to get us ALL THE WAY home where we need to be.

BUT - the lobbyist does not work for free and neither would you - so there is time to help donate and best of all Swiss will give us the heads up when to start our barrage of calls - e mails - faxes so they will just want us out of their way.

For one of the Senators come Memorial day one way or the other - we will need to support his town in MV - SS fashion just to give you Georgia folks and advance warning. In full array.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Outstanding gentleman. I think back to the hours and hours Zout spent researching every nook and cranny to get information supporting this effort. He teamed with Swiss and PB and others to formulate a plan and gain the support needed. Thanks to all who participated and now on to the next victory.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK, just to recap how this happened:

Zout bought an M923 from GL and tried to register it and GA DMV told him to take a flying farkel at a rolling donut.
This did not set well with Zout so he went on a mission as the Georgia Quarterback for the MV world and got about 1,265,342 pages of research that indicated that the GA DMV was not justified in denying him a tag/title.

THEN: The quarterback (Zout) handed the ball off to the running back (Swiss) who enlisted some blockers (lobbyist) to run interference.

Meanwhile....supporters of the cause made donations to the cause and made calls/emails in support - including many outside the State of Georgia as Americans are prone to do when a just cause is in progress.

Fast forward to this afternoon: Round one goes to the good guys...US!!:beer:

Last edited:

poppop

In my earlier post I did not mean we were lucky the bill passed, I knew it would, I meant we were lucky someone else did not tack something onto it that would cause its downfall. If the amendment could not have been voted on separately then the outcome could have been different.

undysworld

Question; does the unanimous vote on the Senate side help at all on the other side? Will it lend any weight?
The Georgia Senate is the upper house, so yes, typically the lower house looks to the upper for some guidance. It's also a good sign that it was a unanimous vote. Will it seal the deal? - not necessarily, but it helps.

Swiss,

Huge kudos you and the other guys who have helped so much. Awesome accomplishment. Keep up the good work, and best wishes on the remainder of the task.

o1951

Along with a good lobbyist, voters showing support means a lot.
Georgia has I believe 56 senators, but 180 representatives!
When the time comes, have to work 3 times as hard to properly contact all 180 house members and let them know a lot of voters support the bill.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some secret inside info is - some of the Senate folks have already been talking with the House side along with OUR lobbyist preparing for this - we are not lucky - we picked our Mission and we nailed due to Swiss

I am saying some inside info but - our lobbyist was already preparing the way for us and not just to get us this far - its to get us ALL THE WAY home where we need to be.

BUT - the lobbyist does not work for free and neither would you - so there is time to help donate and .... Swiss will give us the heads up when to start our barrage of calls - e mails - faxes so they will just want us out of their way.

For one of the Senators come Memorial day one way or the other - we will need to support his town in MV - SS fashion just to give you Georgia folks and advance warning. In full array.
Amen to that.

zout

Status History
Mar/03/2014 - Senate Passed/Adopted
Mar/03/2014 - Senate Third Read
Feb/26/2014 - Senate Read Second Time
Feb/25/2014 - Senate Committee Favorably Reported
Feb/20/2014 - Senate Read and Referred
Feb/19/2014 - Senate Hopper

Votes
Mar/03/2014 - Senate Vote #553Yea(48)Nay(0)NV(2)​
Exc(6)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ladies and Gentlemen March 3rd at 4:40 pm eastern time we had a great win for Steel Soldiers and the MV enthusiast in the State of Georgia. We ran the gauntlet of introducing a new bill to the Georgia Legislation, passing committee and then passing with a vote of 48-0 on the Senate floor. Watching this from AFAR as I am on the road it was both and educational processes and an example of the values and rights that we as American's enjoy as a result of the sacrifices of so many who have made this country great.

Who would have imagined 6 months ago that we would have members of the SS community from every state watching our legislative process live as we strive to make change using our legislative processes. It blows my mind thinking back to yesterday and all the effort that has gotten us to this point.

We are not done, we have 10 days for our bill to move through the House of Representatives in the same manner that it did in the Senate. We are meeting with the House on Wednesday to get this process formally started. Until this time we are in silent mode, but silence does not mean inactivity. We need everyone to identify their House representative, phone and e-mails today. Get your friends and family members and all the Georgia SS's ready to act after Wednesday. I will have more clarification and directives on Wednesday after the meeting.

If you have not donated, please take a few minutes to donate no matter how small. We have a small window in time and I want to make sure the team is laser focused on our issue.

Thank You Everyone that has supported this effort both financially and in so many other ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

zout

Just so you all participating are thinking this is recess like they had yesterday ( I would have been put in the principles office being 5 minutes late).

We get a couple day break - WHAT SHOULD YOU BE DOING
1. Have your House of Representative contact numbers ready
2. Have all of your friends know who they need to call in their districts (In Georgia)
3. All your friends need to know what to say - your helping here providing them this info
4. Get ready to watch the LIVE streaming video from the House Side (I watched today and they have much better suits and ties on )
5. Those still hesitating that have not helped with any of this - please help donate even $5 makes a difference
6. Prepare for battle and nods up from Swiss on actions that need to be taken that are direct instuctions from OUR LOBBYIST.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good morning everyone, okay 9 days left in legislative session. The focus of both the house and senate is to get finalized all Bills that have been voted on separately in both houses and approved on each side to the Governors desk. We have a meeting this afternoon with the House Transportation Committee Chairman to see if we can get this committee to take SB 392 and run it through the House side. The bill will travel the same route as it did on the Senate side.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks