• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just sent $21.10 to make it a even amount.
Thank you mtullis! $2655.00

Got in 2 checks via the US Mail today. 88.5% of Goal.

Thank You.

Senator was sick today so we did not get an update from the Legislative Counsel :(

3dAngus

Bumping back up...

I know most people hate politics. Unfortunately, the future of the hobby, going forward, is at stake.

What happens here in a Georgia, can happen in your state, where newer military vehicles, and not historical ones,or ones over 25 years as of today, can be banned forever.

Please consider a donation to a worthy cause. The real work is being done for us. All we need do is write a check, which makes our role, comparatively speaking, so much easier in our support role. Something to consider....

zout

I was curious so I was bored and did some searching - click on whatever State your in off this link and check it out - there are probably more but I doubt no less.

Being in Georgia I just had to click on that link and check it out.
And just think - here with this your supporting YOUR hobby and future: http://nccs.urban.org/statistics/profiles.cfm

I forgot to add this - folks ask me how old I am and when I went to school there were no history books yet: galegislation@gmail.com

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good morning everyone,

We got a nice donation from a Georgia member last night! Thank You :)

We should get an update from legislation today and potentially a first draft of the actual legal bill. I will keep everyone posted.

Have a great day today!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Count - trying to count down days left in the Assembly - is it 32 days remaining.

The count has been counting and talking with people. They are focused on Budgets and a few hot topics in the legislation now. We are good it will not get hot and heavy till towards the end of the session. Also remember that the days may not be consecutive and are what they call 32 work days and not calendar days.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just think - you have less than 40 days to keep reading this thread - or unless till the 2015 Georgia Assembly gathers. Why not help and get it done and over with now.
galegislation@gmail.com

Donating would help and appreciated.
Somehow that time frame did not click in my head before even after reading most post. Are you guys seriously saying that early March these guys go into hibernation and don't come back until 2015 as to passing laws comes heaven or high water? What the @@#$# are these people doing in between?

poppop

This is election year so the session will be shorter than usual so they can get home and kiss more babies. But usually three months of work is tops and they go home.

We still are short on funds to pay the lobbyist, so we need a few more members, hopefully Georgians, to step up and help out. A very few people are doing all the work and everyone will benefit, so throw a few Dollars toward this cause. Remember, no amount is to small, and thanks to Dell a 10 dollar donation or less will be matched by him, therefore doubling your contribution. Lets make dell squeal.

We will get the money as myself, Zout and papabear at least are prepared to anti up more, but it would be much better to add new names to the contributor list as this would make the group look bigger with more concerned citizens taking part in the action.

zout

ROBO - just like Lloyd said - few days remain get this done THIS YEAR - othwise you will not get an opportunity for bringing it up again until January 2015.

Its election year - so these folks will be headed out to see if they are worthy or not to get re-elected or sent to the chopping block.

Yes we need more donations to help and Yes there are an extreme few who will anty up if its necessary but not so others sit back and take a free ride off others - I am already sick of giving up most of my paycheck and income for worthless chits doing this already so my wealth can be spread around. I am not that nieve thinking there is a batch out there already with less concern and just going to ride it out with no care for others. That's ok.

We can use your donations and I believe Del's offer is still on the table to take him up on that making it a lesser of a burdeon for you - take advantage of it because it was freely given as an opportunity.

Just want to send a check - contact Swiss - Del - PB but not me I want no part of collection of funds.
Please donate to support this lobbyist work so we have a shot at getting this done 2014.
Thank you.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Morning Everyone from the apocalypse of Atlanta! My oldest was working as a Page for the Senate yesterday and luckily I was able to pick him up at 1:00 pm at the capital. I got home after 4:00 pm.

I got a big surprise when Nic got to the car and he brought me a copy of the Bill from the Legislative Counsel. This is the first draft and there are some items that need to be reviewed. I will be talking with the team today to determine our game plan. We will probably look to get some revisions done if possible then present to the Transportation Committee.

We are making headway and THANK YOU for the new donations we have gotten over the last few days. I will total things up later today!

zout

Outstanding news Swiss. Thanks to the latest donations as well - it helps more than you can imagine.

When your done playing snow angels outside and tossing snowballs and treading through 1 inch compacted ice - I am sure I might be on your call list - but great news - how does it FEEL to actually TOUCH our Bill.

Whiterabbit

Feel like you don't have a dog in this fight?? Just because you have a pre 85 MV and have a pink slip in the glove box doesn't mean this change doesn't affect you. It's helping the MV hobby as a whole grow and helping allow newcomers to buy a "newer" MV and be able to legally register it. Without change the hobby will become stagnant in Ga. with no growth and no new blood.
We've all seen the GL site, and how many vehicles are on there now you can't register in Ga?? I don't see too many older vehicles on there. Now that the military is drawing down there will be alot of "newer" vehicles listed that you or you kids won't be able to register and drive on the road without changes in the law.
Thanks Swiss for your hard work!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good morning Everyone!

I spent the day yesterday working with our team on updates to the first draft of the Bill. I sent over these updates yesterday to be reviewed by our Sponsoring Senator and then sent back to the legislative counsel for updates.

The changes that we are looking to incorporate into the next draft
1.) allow for commercial registration
2.) properly identify that all vehicles older than 25 years are exempt from FMVSS
3.) define newer military vehicles manufactured for the US military as exempt from FMVSS

The current draft of the Bill accomplish's the goal of allowing for newer military vehicles to be registered by private individuals but we are working to improve the language of the bill to become a more accurate model for other states. I personally do not want to put out changes that are not 100% correct.

I am happy to report that we are at $2,870.00 or 95% of our goal of 3,000. Thank You to the 50 individuals who have donated.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW 3DAngus just donated the final $130.00. Dell has been a great supporter of all of our efforts and I would like to recognize his unselfish support.

THANK YOU Dell

A BIG THANK YOU to the other 50 individuals who gave both large and small to make this happen!

HATS OFF TO THE TEAM

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks