• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

3dAngus

Well, actually, you can thank Andrew (Patracy). I will be getting much of it from him this weekend in a HMMWV trailer tailgate sale. ;)

Thanks Steven for all you hard work. You have been carrying the load. I know Zout, PB, and others have been a lot of help.
Good to know there are people like you guys out there that are willing to throw yourself into the fray.

zout

Del - a big thank you for the contribution Sir - I have been telling Swiss your an OK fella but I think he knows it now :D

I have the original Draft - this Draft change and whatever future documents that are being presented that will go into a Book.
I mentioned to Swiss I would like for historical documentation of all of this along with just names listed in the book in Alphabetical order of the contributors (not having your name in there is not an option) but no $$$$$ entry will be noted - just names of those that are making this happen.

You will see the progression to get this done for historic value. I think when they wrote the Declaration of Independance they had some fellas sign that also.

We'll make sure besides the name entry =- you as well get a change to personally sign the book next to your name.

Triple C

Okay, so I went to paypal and sent a donation again and I got to thinking, would the Mod's let us have a little friendly competition? Say maybe state to state (Ga. excepted?) All in fun of course and I would suggest just numbers of folk who donate, that way we don't need to know how much someone gave, giving room for those folk who want to participate but may not have much to give right now. Assuming they say okay - come on Missouri folk, we are the "Show Me" state after all.

zout

Triple C - the folks that know me might understand - we tried the donation fund thing all sorts of way - including me just laying it on the line and being a dick just to incite a donation (I am a pimp and will try any means necessary for the good of all).

Unless Swiss pipes in and suggests something - I think the ones who want to donate can keep it coming like Warthog stated - it will not hurt as we are trying to work out ammendments and corrections still to the main draft to get into a BILL form - its not far but just Swiss style of technical political language it needs to be in as he is involved first hand and intertwinded with these folks directly.

Folks - send it if you can and help the cause please. We can get this done still at this time as we have a die hard fighting lobbyist for our cause on board - and working for free is not an alternative.

Thank you for the donation as well BTW - it is appreciated - I have no idea who sent what but I thank you all from all of us.

Triple C

I understand Zout, getting people to invest in something they may or may not feel benefits them soon or directly is part of my work - every Sunday. Let's see if the Missouri folk will step up - I think they will and when they do the others guys are gonna have to keep up or get left behind:)

hardimpact

I bought my first MV a few weeks ago, joined SS, then read this thread. I sent a check today. You guys that have been working on this have done a great job thus far, I wish I could have been in to help sooner. I am on board to help any way I can.

zout

Thanks Hardimpact - I just got back home from running with Swiss getting his NEW 5 TON - ehhhh ya - its a sweety in deed and I am sure he will post something up once his wife finds out (oops).

Thanks for the donation.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Hardimpact - I just got back home from running with Swiss getting his NEW 5 TON - ehhhh ya - its a sweety in deed and I am sure he will post something up once his wife finds out (oops).

Thanks for the donation.
I just emailed her. Sorry, I thought she knew!!! :oops:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys are horrible, if you want me to keep working on the bill you best be quite:)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Gosh...this is a tough room...ratting a brother out?? What's this site coming to?

(BTW Swiss...thanks for the 50 bucks "hush money") I won't tell the wife unit as long as the payments continue.

zout

IMG00044.jpgThen I should not be posting a picture of it then huh ! sorry for the quality of the pic - its my work tonka toy phone - makes everything look PINK (but then again it is Swiss's truck)
Another GOOD reason to bump the thread as well.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well a week later since snowmagenden and Atlanta has returned to normal other than the blame game that is going on rampantly. We just completed day 15 of the legislative session yesterday of a 40 day session that will be shortened. Cindy our lobbyist met with the Senator yesterday and reviewed the changes and comments that I had worked on last week. His feedback was good and he is going to meet with the Legislative Counsel today to discuss the changes. I hope to have a second draft of the bill later this week. Key changes we are working on is allowing commercial registration and recognition that any vehicle 25 years and older are exempt from FMVSS.

Cindy has been talking with both Senate and House representatives over the last few weeks drumming up support for our bill and the response has been positive.

Thank you to those who recently contributed to the cause. I have not had a chance to total up the new numbers but we did get in some additional contributions over the past week. THANK YOU.

I did add another 5 ton to the mix with the purchase of a 1985 M923. This vehicle was previously registered in Georgia so it will be interesting to see what happens later this week when I go to get the registration. If there are issues then it allows me to look at opening a second front on the legal side related to registrations as per the current law it is legal to register.

More news hopefully later after the Legislative Counsel meeting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks