• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

zout

I was telling everyone Icezilla week - but I like yours better (snowmagenden) That is not a political statement is it ?

Did talk with Swiss last night and he mentioned the other donations that came in - and I wanted to thank those folks as well and all that contributed - and Del for matching funds. SS is a special group of folks that stand out amoungst others.

3dAngus

Key changes we are working on is allowing commercial registration and recognition that any vehicle 25 years and older are exempt from FMVSS.
You mean 25 years and newer?
Oh, never mind me... Just splash the coffee in my face kinda day. I can't figure out if newer goes this way of 25 years or that other way.
Disregard this post. I'm going to find another cup of coffee and just shut up.

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dell good question,

Here are is what we are trying to do with the bill

1. Correct the fact that any motor vehicle 25 years or older is exempt
2. Correct that military vehicles manufactured for the US armed forces 25 years or newer are exempt

Correcting both of these items puts the GA law in sync with federal law and the NHTSA. More importantly it is a model other states can use.

It also accurately deals with imported vehicles allowing for vehicles from foreign countries to be registered that are 25 years or older.

Last edited:

hardimpact

I have been going thru the motions of title/tag my '91 M923. I knew I would not get it but just wanted the state to see another guy pushing for it! Got my official denial today "not enough numbers in the VIN." Keep up the fight!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been going thru the motions of title/tag my '91 M923. I knew I would not get it but just wanted the state to see another guy pushing for it! Got my official denial today "not enough numbers in the VIN." Keep up the fight!
Let me translate your denial, "Not enough numbers in the VIN" means that the VIN number is not in the DMV database which means that the vehicle was never certified by the manufacturer to meet FMVSS. They use the certification database to populate the DMV vehicle registration database in many instances.

The team met with the Legal Counsel today and the feedback I got was that the proposed changes look good. That does not mean the next draft will be 100% correct, but at least we did not hit an immediate brick wall!

Keep the FAITH!

Last edited:

zout

Keep the faith is correct - Keep any donations coming as we still continue the procedure as it is NOT over yet - it has only begun and our lobbyist need to be able interact and do their thing in the General Assembly to get this presented so all the members know to vote YES on the bill. Its still only a draft but all looks good folks. If you can please help with a donation of any denomination - empty your change bucket - clean out your Barco Lounger and couch for change it all adds up.

SO you do not forget that link is: galegislation@gmail.com or pm Swiss if you perfer to send a check payment of support. THANK YOU ALL and do not forget this is still happening here in Georgia.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good morning Steel Soldiers!!!

We should have a new draft of the Bill out of legislative counsel on Monday!!! We did not get any questions on Thursday or Friday so keep your fingers crossed. More updates coming!

Thank You again everyone that has donated to helping bring change. It takes the support of a community to make a difference in life and invoke a change.

zout

When I spoke to Swiss earlier this past week indeed the weather played a big part in the house gathering. OUR lobbyist was still busting arse on work on the floor and calling and whatever else they needed to do so it was still kept fresh in their minds when it comes to voting on it - that is what they do - squeeky wheel gets the oil so to speak and we want to be screaming in their ears WE need this passed when presented.

Stay tuned as Swiss will keep us informed from the homefront and behind the scenes as this continues - IT IS STILL NOT TOO LATE TO DONATE TO THIS CHANGE IN THE GEORGIA CODE OF REGULATIONS which will pass downward into new reforms on the DMV level.

I have had a couple more PM's which I have passed onto Swiss for wishing to donate in check form - and we thank you - from all that are into this battle.

I expect when Swiss can give us an update it will be forth coming - just hang in there and if your thinking about donating please do as every little bit counts to help all MV owners weither you wish to sell goods or units here - it ALL had repercussions that we get this passed this session.

THANK YOU EACH AND EVERY ONE THAT HAS HELPED

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay everyone between wrecker, wrecker, wrecker recovery and some other life things, I have to apologize for not getting back to everyone. The current situation is we are still waiting for the revisions to the bill from the Legal Counsel. The Legal Counsel is the lawyers that draft the bills and provide the legal language that nobody can understand. We lost over 6 days of the last 10 days to weather in the legislative session so while the time has been long nothing has really happened. We are at day 22 of the 40 day legislative session. The days are not consecutive.

Our lobbyist as Zout stated has been discussing, checking, pushing, talking and waiting like the rest of us. I pray we have a real week of work this week but Monday is a holiday for Presidents day so another delay as we wait.

Talking with a lot of players the real stuff happens on the last few days of the legislative session for good or bad so at this point this is normal and everything will come down to the last minute and we have a great team working for us at the capital.

Thank You everyone again for your donations and just again today I had a member reach out to ask for an address to contribute to the cause.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay good news from the team tonight, I know things have been slow, but given the weather issues in the last 2 weeks in Atlanta nothing has moved literally :) Our legislative sponsor had reviewed the draft from the Legislative Counsel and there were a few and/or's out of place and he is going to get changed in the am. I am supposed to have a copy to review tomorrow. Next step is to get me on the calendar to help present to the Transportation Committee who will bless the legislation if all is good and then they will have a reading on the Senate floor. Once the draft is read in the full chamber it is a Bill.

Look for things to heat up again over the next two weeks :).

I will keep everyone posted as soon as I get something in my hands.

Thanks Everyone for you Patience and Support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mf5129

i too have had issues with ga.if i buy an 83 or 84 cucv it is difficult to register in nc.because my state requires a bill of sale and a current registration.and the only way is to get one with a sf97.so i cant easily get one from a state or local govt.gsa lists items on there site that are of interest but be aware of the age.i rarely buy anything after 1995 anyway.dont like the emission inspections etc.the diesel is the way to get around this.a vechicle can be rebuilt as a rv with some modifaction and titled as a rv with a huge tax and license reduction and no commercial insurance.its the reason i dont run a duece.been wanting a m35a3 for awhile.but cant justify it.

zout

Well members - its been almost a long year since I purchased the 5 ton finding out I could not register it or title it in Georgia even with an SF97 and T22B form in hand.

This progressed into starting from the bottom of the totem pole and keeping exact records all along the way of all documents and what was stated by those in authority over allowing it to be Titled and registered.
This also got involved into an extremely deep investigation after receiving the final notice in writing from the Dept of Revenue who stated per the Ga Code of Regulations with very SPECIFIC data as to WHY.

This allowed the investigation on my part to search thousands of pages reading all of them - forgetting some and save many more - if there is any hesitation that I did not do this - PM or ask Warthog to who I sent many of these files I had to read - into thousands of pages to find something in OUR favor.

With the help of what Wisc went though the search narrowed and we had our final documents to support us in a plain simple language.

This was all passed onto Swiss to whom is the politically correct person of the small group we have to get this changed

Read next post

zout

Swiss already had contact and got personally involved at this time which at this point still only was to handle what I was going through and also Papabear - we could not title or register our 5 tons.

It has NOTHING to do with only BMY HARSCO and do not assume it is only them that are in jeopardy - IT IS NOT.
If you read the thread it is more than that - that is in jeporday.

Swiss with his personal contacts which could not have been more specific to what we needed to do got personally involved - this turned into what is being presented here.

This within less than a year has progressed into almost a BILL from DRAFT form getting presented here in the near future to change MV law in Georgia - a bit salute to Swiss and contact.
This also progressed into having to have a lobbyist to handle this cause on a first hand basis - SOO

Thank you all who have donated to this cause - thank you all for whatever posts you have made because WE are ALL a part of this changing in the State of Georgia here in the near future.
Every penny counted and you made it get this far - and to be honest - you would have never known until it was too late purchasing anything newer than a 86 that automatically put that vehicle on chopping block for the State - those that mis-registered their trucks - best of all luck to you once this BILL passes to walk in and tell them what you did to mis-represent your truck - those as well are the ones standing by sucking the hard work others are doing as well.

Thank you - if you can still donate it is not to late and will absolutely help - Swiss will have an update soon that will be of good news.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LC 39 0639

I got back the final draft of the potential Bill today from Legislative Counsel at 4:52 pm eastern document labeled, LC 39 0639 . I am still reviewing the details with a fine tooth comb but it looks like we nailed it. The changes represent a win to all the MV owners in the state of Georgia and more importantly provides a great legal model for other states to follow.

This could not have been done with everyone who stepped up to be part of a team that believed in change and committing to helping. To date we had over 60 members donate hard earned dollars to help, in addition, others helped in ways that may not have been monetary but behind the scenes provided necessary support.

Tomorrow GOD WILLING we will get a Bill Number assigned when the legislation is dropped. I am standing by waiting to see when I have to go to a committee meeting to get approval to move out of committee.

We have a lot of work coming up fast, but to start the race we need a horse to ride, we now have a horse to ride!!!!!!!

For those of you that donated I am going to e-mail you a copy of the draft I received this afternoon. Some of you did contribute via check and I do not have your e-mail addresses. If you contributed via check and want to see the draft please PM me and I will get you a copy.

THANKS EVERYONE!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks