• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron, they say when you need to get a difficult job done proper, give it to a truly busy person.

Already mentioned earlier, often is the day I banged my head because we could not get our locals interested (not even ask to help, just being supportive or show some interest) in reviving their village and region (without initiative and stagnant thanks to communist reign). It would mean more jobs for them and their children and more money in the community to pay for the local shop, school etc. I would say a bit more important than a bill for MVs. Nic, nada, zilch, no interested, only irritation because we make them see things and push them.

For those who did not read all threads (its too bloody long by now anyway), if some of the members sometimes snap, please remember that they are on it a long time and most of their anger is justified and you just got a brush of frayed tempers.

Please don't get angry and start a discussion why we are wrong to be angry in your case. Proof us wrong and become a proud part of the team by picking up the phone and call your Georgia Senate representative and/or then donate $5. Details in my signature.

Details on the progress can be seen here, it definitely is NOT a done deal, so don't sit back but join in and call.

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The vote on the Senate Floor is Monday! Zout posted earlier that we should be able to view the legislative session via the live web feeds which is cool. In addition if anyone wants to go to the Georgia Capital you could be live in person. They have viewing areas in the Senate Chambers for the public. It is the last voting day before crossover so I am sure it will be busy.

I alas will be on an airplane Monday morning and probably miss everything :(

zout

I know a lot of folk that the only way they can talk is by yelling - just something they grew up with and just consider it normal - juts lots of different ways folks communicate and that is what makes America unique - we're all different but should be in unity.

Now you cannot think we are that nieve we thought everyone would just jump on board - even I tried different tactics a while back just to feel it out what would work and what would not - Learned that from Dale Carnigie Class years ago.

There might be some straglers - and who knows once it gets into the House vote - we might get more - and we might not - we might have to beg for more $$$$ for the lobbyist and we might not ?? who knows.

Pretty much the main group of us totally have our hands full - but this needs to be done and we just work it out.

Dell - thanks for the call as well as other members.
I took time to call the 6 Senators who help sponsor the bill as well even tho they are not in my district - just to tell them thank you for their time and effort that will eventually help us - it just needs to be done is all and NOW is the time.

Last day to make the calls to your district Senators - then come Monday its show & tell time.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I understand the frustration very well.
We, (Towing and Recovery Association of Georgia - TRAG) had a meeting yesterday and discussed pending legislation, some of which will pass or fail this session. We pay our lobbyist 3K per month year round to keep our issues up front and to watch out for any "ambushes" heading out way from other pending legislation. It's money well spent.

It appears that some very important issues we face will be resolved in our favor this session largely due to the work our lobbyist have done. They simply can slip thru doors we cannot even knock on alone.

The cost of "doing business" at the Capitol are supposed to be paid from dues/fees received thru normal membership in the association but of course out of nearly 2,000 Towing companies in the state of Georgia only 126 are members of the association.
We have tried everything from strong arm tactics to begging to recruit more members but they just prefer to be "clingons".
In reality, the cost is paid by extra contributions made by the same 15-20 members made as needed to keep the Association afloat.

It's just the nature of the beast and the movers and shakers in the business are the ones that must make it happen successfully.:deadhorse:

Last edited:

MLBHUNTRESS

Mlbhuntress - hang around and please bear with us as this has been a struggle and still is.

The GA law is very clear in the Code of Regulations - what the DMV has done could be starting to get rectified as I had previouisly stated many posts back. As in - the DMV was now aware of the mistake's in no matter what Mfg name the MV was - it is the year of the vehicle.

I did see you stated in post 503 it was a 1989 ? Then I saw later a 1997 ? Both of these if given a registration and a title is illegal at this time - and way back I stated a gave a heads up the State may at any time start a process of pulling those that went through by force or misrepresented or whatever - its the Year and not Mfg that is the key.

That is why we have been trying to impress in whatever shape manner or form and in all types of different language we need this Ga Code of Regulations changed - and it is nearly there in an extremely short period of time due to Swiss's efforts and contacts.

Hang around and do not get discrouraged - we need you and your just getting into this - stick around.

Anyone catching up - CALL YOUR SENATOR TODAY - FAX them (their web sites show their office fax numbers) Donate if you can as this is not over BUT come MONDAY this Bill has to cross over into the House by getting voted on - this is the reason you need to call for them to VOTE YES on it.

Yes I am partially yelling - its just trying to impress the importance of this to make those calling for your Senator in your specific District to vote yes on SB 392 Bill on Monday. Come Monday night its history one way or the other.
Zout,
I have called my senator and will keep up with this and do my part. I understand everyone's frustration. Please in the future be kinder to the newby's. Thanks

zout

point taken MLB - seeing as your local - keep your eye on the Zout cookout thread - we'd love to have you come. Thanks for the call as well.

Patiently awaiting for Monday and turning on of the live web cams to watch the action.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout,
I have called my senator and will keep up with this and do my part. I understand everyone's frustration. Please in the future be kinder to the newby's. Thanks
MLB, everyone is tough on the Newbies to make sure they are tough enough for the frustration that happens sometimes working on these beasts :)

Stick around you will have a great time.

o1951

Fairly new to this thread.
Want to point out that legislators are interested in voters in their district, or those that appear to be voters in their district.
There are over 50 SS members in Georgia.
With a little effort, you should be able to triple that in legislative contacts.
Did you ask your spouse call?
Your voting age children?
People who like your FMV?
Veterans who rode in your MV in a parade?
Co- workers who have shown MV interest?
Think about favors you can call in.
You have to do it NOW, and hopefully once more next month.

unaffiliated

I just got wind of this issue. I was in Antarctica for the last 6 months on contract job. Thanks to SS Member o1951 for making me aware of it in a PM. I called my Senator today. I also posted on Facebook urging all my friends who love my truck to call their Senator.

zout

I do not know anyone in the Georgia MVPA groups - does anyone have contacts with them and have they been notified as well ??

Sure looks cold up there in that Avatar - sure not not in Ga somewhere = thanks for calling and the contact pm's sent to other members.

unaffiliated

The avatar is not 'up there', it is 'way down there'. Almost to the south pole near McMurdo Station, Antarctica. It was taken on the Ice Runway which is located on the Ice Shelf which is above the ocean on the Ross Sea. The ice is about 50-80 foot thick and is permanent, meaning year round.

Whiterabbit

Buddy and Lester know where I stand. Layed it on pretty thick so they wouldn't forget. (no, i didn't threaten anyone!) :shrugs:
Thanks for shooting out the emails to let me know it was time to get hold of them.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These last communications are great examples of how we might all assume with 25K views that this thread and the subject is known by everyone. The fact is not everyone is on the computer every day like some of us and we need to recognize this. Great Job by our member in NJ, 01951 who had taken the time to PM all the GA members from the site map.

Remember you dont have to be the only one that calls, what about your friends, family, relatives, suppliers, customers anybody that would be supportive for the cause that lives in Georgia.

We have to do this again with the House of Representative so stand by!

zout

No doubt we're nearing the end - watch the Senate on Monday work on getting this passed in Cross-Over into the House and we get the opportunity now that everyone is on board and watching the thread for further instructions.

Watch the live Senate web cams Monday if you can - record it if you can - watch the Bill crossover into the House - this is an exciting time and watching the works of this all.

I would nearly bet (and I am NOT a betting man) that this is the closest most anyone has ever come to watching the Government in the works - watching them for what YOU ELECTED them to do - Watching your Senatorial candidate do what YOU ELECTED them to do.

Watch it if you can - Participate in this more if you can by further donations which PB clearly pointed out who actually is paying a lobbyist to do their thing.

Calling now is useless till this gets to the HOUSE - then we get to use all of our contacts which we just used to do this ONE MORE TIME.

I do not mean to say this lightly - thank you all - thank you for donating - thank YOU ALL for the calls this week - thank you for reaching out to make PM's to other members

IT IS APPRECIATED - THANK YOU

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks