• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

unaffiliated

Wow, my eyes hurt. I have just finished reading every single post in this thread. All 57 pages. What a day. Thanks to every one who has worked tirelessly to get this through. I called my Senator and had all my friends call too. Can I still donate to the cause?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, my eyes hurt. I have just finished reading every single post in this thread. All 57 pages. What a day. Thanks to every one who has worked tirelessly to get this through. I called my Senator and had all my friends call too. Can I still donate to the cause?

Sorry about out the long thread, some is good data, some strong opinions, some banter and overall a great example of our American democracy in progress. We hope you were entertained and enlightened :)

We would welcome a donation no matter how big or small. Please see my signature for paypal link and address or pm for check address.

Most importantly thanks for caring!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got an e-mail from Senator Judson Hill district 32, "Sounds like a good bill." Hope that translates to, I plan to vote for it! :?

Great at news and yes. I would email back a simple "Yes it is an important bill and I appreciate your support!"

zout

Appears you'll have your chill taken away for a couple days at least down there then - sweet.
Or use it to celebrate come Monday night.

unaffiliated

It has actually been colder here at home than it was in Antarctica. It is starting to get colder now that they are heading into winter as we are headed towards summer. It is good to be home where I can enjoy such things as adult cherries.

3dAngus

It is still a good time to send emails to your Senator. Let them pile up over the weekend. I have copied and pasted Zout's comment and link to find your Senator quickly so you don't have to go back and read 10 pages of stuff to find it. The email addresses are listed on this page with another link as well. Just type in the info presented to you. It is just an anti-spammer argument with the software. You'll see...nothing to it.
Thank them or ask them for their support of SB392

"It costs you nothing but a few minutes to make the call and here is the list you can find out whom your Senator is:
http://www.senate.ga.gov/senators/en...mbersList.aspx

Click on their name for your district - it gives you their contact info..."

unaffiliated

I looked at the data plate on my CUCV and it was made in July of 1985, so I guess I was justified in telling people that this bill directly affects me. It was very interesting reading this long thread and seeing how the entire process works. It reminds me of a cartoon they used to play on Saturday mornings. The song went something like this "But today I am only a bill". I wish I could remember the rest.

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy thank you for finding that, I loved those short stories and watched this again 3 times. This is totally what we are going through!

zout

Kind of like waiting for Christmas morning to open your presents - or the tooth fairy to come.

Tuck this away for when Swiss gives the word to contact your House Rep. ALL you have to do is type in your Zip Code (I know ya all know who they are already BUT) find out who they are and their contact numbers will be given - BUT do not do this yet - just save the info till when called upon.

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

o1951

When you have a couple of minutes, wouldn't hurt to have ANYONE who has enjoyed your FMV(s) e- mail appropriate Georgia senator in support of Georgia SB392. You can help your soon to be of voting age children. I am sure the senators will be happy to know the opinions of anyone who can vote to re-elect them in the future.

You may want to drive stuff newer than going on 30 years old in the future.
Get er done today.

Yeah, I know your dog loves riding in your FMV, but he should not be voting, so tell him not to email:doh:

zout

As 3D.5 Angus stated (congrat's BTW DELL) Monday afternoon is when the Bill is scheduled to be voted on - that means you still have ALL MORNING to be calling your Senators office and messages passed onto the Senator for voting later that afternoon - this is no different than our approach once this pass's that WE ALL have to do with the House members - time to practice - CALL as soon as they open - just look one page back and Dell gave you the web site location to find your Senator's DIRECT contact information.

IF at last resort - buy a carrier pigeon and tie a note to its leg and direct him (or her) to your Senators office.

zout

Pretty close to your Senators Capital office opening - about 20 more minutes to get in those last calls - fax's - e mails.

CROSSOVER day is here - From what I understand from the main source it will be after lunch before SB 392 comes up for vote to then crossover into the House - if you can here is the link again to watch YOUR HARD work in action: http://www.legis.ga.gov/Streaming/en-US/Both.aspx

All of us are more excited than we were fustrated - thanks to those that tossed in final money to help support the lobbyist in this last couple weeks as well. Thanks to those that blasted out PM's and calls recently as well.

By the end of the day we should have some outstanding news and some more final work ahead of us to reach the final goal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks