• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any idea when the actual vote will be? I just tuned in on the Senate cam and entered in the middle of a sermon by today's Chaplain. More things to do so I cannot stay tuned permanently and like to get to bed in time as well (its 16:38 here now).

Triple C

Okay I am listening to the Ga Senate and they are "Engrossing" bills. Not being familiar with their terminology I went to a dictionary and it says, "Engrossed Bill A legislative proposal that has been prepared in a final form for its submission to a vote of the lawmaking body after it has undergone discussion and been approved by the appropriate committees." So my question is this, are we hoping for engrossment of Senate Bill 392 today?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is going to be a long day, here is part of the agenda, we are 22 items down

SENATE GENERAL CALENDAR
TO SET THE RULES CALENDAR FOR THE
THIRTIETH LEGISLATIVE DAY

SB98 "Federal Abortion Mandate Opt-out Act" "Federal Abortion Mandate Opt-out Act" (Substitute) (I&L-32nd)

SB214 Lottery for Education; allow winner of lottery prize to remain anonymous; 25 percent of prize to Lottery for Education Account Lottery for Education; allow winner of lottery prize to remain
anonymous; 25 percent of prize to Lottery for Education Account
(Substitute) (H ED-29th)

SB268 Physician Assistants; authorize a physician to delegate a physician assistant the authority to prescribe Schedule II controlled substances Physician Assistants; authorize a physician to delegate a physician
assistant the authority to prescribe Schedule II controlled substances
(Substitute) (H&HS-52nd)

SB274 Capitol Arts Standards Commission; designation of areas within capitol museum; Georgia Capitol Agricultural History Museum areas Capitol Arts Standards Commission; designation of areas within capitol
museum; Georgia Capitol Agricultural History Museum areas
(Substitute) (H ED-34th)

SB276 State Government; provide that Georgia shall be a"Purple Heart State" State Government; provide that Georgia shall be a"Purple Heart State"
(VM&HS-15th)

SB281 State Employees; require a high deductible health care plan with health savings account; offered as an option State Employees; require a high deductible health care plan with health
savings account; offered as an option (I&L-32nd)

SB293 Ad Valorem Tax; revise a definition; provide certain information to be given to taxpayers upon request Ad Valorem Tax; revise a definition; provide certain information to be
given to taxpayers upon request (Substitute) (FIN-40th)

SB304 Continuing Care Providers and Facilities; provide for continuing care at home; define certain terms Continuing Care Providers and Facilities; provide for continuing care at
home; define certain terms (Substitute) (I&L-23rd)

SB318 Alcoholic Beverages; allow for local authorization/regulation of sale for consumption on the premises on Sundays; celebration of St. Patrick's Day Alcoholic Beverages; allow for local authorization/regulation of sale for
consumption on the premises on Sundays; celebration of St. Patrick's Day
(Floor Amendment)(RI&U-2nd)

SB326 Private Colleges and Universities Authority; authorize the authority to meet by teleconference and other methods permitted by law Private Colleges and Universities Authority; authorize the authority to
meet by teleconference and other methods permitted by law (H ED-17th)

SB333 Natural Resources Dept.; establish that persons are not aggrieved by listings on the hazardous site inventory Natural Resources Dept.; establish that persons are not aggrieved by
listings on the hazardous site inventory (NR&E-20th)

SB353 Development Authorities; change a definition; revision of public purpose; changes to general powers Development Authorities; change a definition; revision of public purpose;
changes to general powers (Substitute) (ECD-21st)

SB354 "Georgia Civil Practice Act"; governing discovery general provisions; electronically stored information "Georgia Civil Practice Act"; governing discovery general provisions;
electronically stored information (Substitute) (JUDY-46th)

SB358 Missing Children Information Center; provide missing child reports for foster children Missing Children Information Center; provide missing child reports for
foster children (Substitute) (H&HS-56th)

SB361 Georgia Geospatial Advisory Council; create Georgia Geospatial Advisory Council; create (NR&E-1st)

SB377 "Preservation of Religious Freedom Act" "Preservation of Religious Freedom Act" (Substitute) (JUDY-29th)

Section 1
Legislation available for immediate consideration

SB381 "Georgia First Informer Broadcasters Act"; provide planning for first informer broadcasters; definitions "Georgia First Informer Broadcasters Act"; provide planning for first
informer broadcasters; definitions (VM&HS-21st)

SB382 Theft; provide for the crime of retail theft; penalties Theft; provide for the crime of retail theft; penalties (Substitute)
(JUDYNC-53rd)

SB383 Coroners; items of value of the deceased shall not be converted to the coroner/medical examiner's personal use Coroners; items of value of the deceased shall not be converted to the
coroner/medical examiner's personal use (JUDYNC-22nd)

SB384 "America's Founding Philosophy and Principle Act"; require a course of study "America's Founding Philosophy and Principle Act"; require a course of
study (Substitute) (ED&Y-40th)

SB391 Health; provide that each medical facility make a good faith application; TRICARE network Health; provide that each medical facility make a good faith application;
TRICARE network (Substitute) (H&HS-9th)

SB392 Motor Vehicles; provide additional definition; acceptance of applications for registration; not in compliance with federal emission standards Motor Vehicles; provide additional definition; acceptance of applications
for registration; not in compliance with federal emission standards
(TRANS-51st)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys I don't have live video feed on airplane so any updates you can do as the bill is up for vote would be great

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Senate bill 391 could have been moved up in order, did not think they would be moving that fast

Triple C

Obviously not going by numerical order since they are on bill 268 now. I would assume whoever told Swiss it would be in the afternoon knew what they were talking about and hopefully the Lobbyist will help make sure those who favor the bill are there to vote for it. From the camera it appears a LOT of people are not there.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They may choose to move a more controversial bill up front to get it out of the way. The resolutions are easy so they will throw them in along the way. Now we are back on track with the start of the list 268, lets see if it settles down now. This session may last until midnight today.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Robo Thank you for updating your signature daily with new updates and information. You have been on top of this and supporting us from across the pond both financially and with your posts.

Very Nice Job!

I am going to read your signature when I need an update :)

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just back in time to see that they go into recess til 1 PM.

Thought it would be easier to first do all the easy bills and then go down on the controversial stuff. That way, you do not get strange results because angry and tired people (after endless discussions on controversial topics) vote out of character on easy bills and start make a point of everything to get back or get even.

zout

Time to eat my tuna fish sandwich - have a coke and a couple oreo cookies and be back at 13:00 for round two.

Printed off Swiss's list so I could tell kind of what is happening (no speakers here at work) so I am learning lip reading - finger pointing and some aweful looking suits and ties - just have to keep amuzed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks