• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Outstanding guys. Thanks to all who did so much to get it this far and I am certain it should be a slam dunk on the floor. [thumbzup]

zout

OH YEAH - Ole Recovery4x4 - sitting back in his potato couch chair watching Moonshiners and knowing the Ga Mafia clan will take care of the Point on this for him paving his way into a Happy MV world.

It was curious today as I watched and I know I was screwing off at work - and the committee had 2 Bills in front of them - they hammered out SB 392 which was smart - and then 298 had to be pondered on - even with those folks there were only 19 total folks viewing the live streaming video - yup - 19.

Did we mention lately its not too late to DONATE TO THE LOBBYIST
Did we mention its TIME to call your local District House of Rep in Ga

Man I keep typing chit I wanna really type and keep deleting it - it just amazes me from GA the full total response and actions. AND to those that did in GA - we thank you from deep gratitude for getting involved. Those that are involved outside of Ga you should move here and join the mafia.

hardimpact

I emailed everyone on the committee individually Friday, and my district rep. Called district rep today and left message. the only reply I got was Epps from his Iphone on Friday. Guess I will call again tomorrow. GREAT JOB GUYS!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm headed to the mountains. The War Dept fell in love with Blairsville area so that's where I'll be. Here's what kinda sucks. My 1986 M1008 was purchased in GA. Had a GA title when I transfered it to FL. It has the HMVSS sticker right in the door. If I can't do anything with that I may keep iit registered in FL. Heck, the tags are permanent.

Edit, just submitted my beer money!

Last edited:

zout

We've posted a lot of stuff up here on this thread another member started way back with which the flame of it all was already in motion. Trying to give that member confidence to hold onto his investment as we would struggle to get through all of this here in Georgia - I hope that first OP has not been disappointed in our response to him.

We've posted up many a "feelings" going through this all and with that in mind I hope sitting back reading this you ALL realize absolutely how frustrating this is - with which we have not long ago discussed as well. But the overall response from ALL Georgia Members has been weak to disgusting - and I base that on PM's I have gotten inquiring about the same thing.

All I can tell you the ones involved are near the end of this - the remainder on riding and working on others SPREADING THE WEALTH of ENTITLEMENT to them.
Come Oct when its Rally time in Ga again it really makes us (Deb and I) want to reconsider if we wish to take out vacation time - expense to go - thinking and knowing about less than 1/3rd participated in any of this but all want to suck off the hard work of others. Time for us to start thinking about this as I have offers to head to Costa Rica that same week and another week of vacation on top of that.

The SB 392 is headed to the House floor to get voted on and hopefully the extreme hard work of a few has paid off - YES they can still not present it and its totally dead for another year while metal sits and rots away and while the State starts looking up all the other MV's in the State to start voiding titles and registrations - in some sort of manner I wish that wake up call happens - on the other hand I hope this just goes through.

Done posting on this thread - it is what it is and you alone know why your ignoring any of this or responding as we know is right and what we should be doing - look in the mirror - the answer will not take long.

Donate if you still can - it is pitiful what we have asked of this lobbyist and the OUTSTAND performance they have provided for tidbits - along with Sen Gooch who has no dog in this fight but working hard for Swiss.

Yet alone Swiss who has his own business and more than gone out of his way with all the latter taking place and knowing it - just because it is the right thing to do.

DID YOU E MAIL YOUR GEORGIA HOUSE REP YET ?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Gosh Bro...I know you are passionate about this cause and have spent countless hours working on it but you have done all you can do. If it passes it will be because you, swiss, and others have gotten involved and did all you could.
If it fails, it's because those other folks you mentioned didn't.

At any rate, it will all be over soon so please don't "stroke out" on us!:beer:

mtullis

I find it amazing that my op has turned into a 700+ comment post with a Senate Bill now pending a vote in the house. My family and I truly do appreciate all the hard work and time everyone has put Into this bill. Thank you
We've posted a lot of stuff up here on this thread another member started way back with which the flame of it all was already in motion. Trying to give that member confidence to hold onto his investment as we would struggle to get through all of this here in Georgia - I hope that first OP has not been disappointed in our response to him.

We've posted up many a "feelings" going through this all and with that in mind I hope sitting back reading this you ALL realize absolutely how frustrating this is - with which we have not long ago discussed as well. But the overall response from ALL Georgia Members has been weak to disgusting - and I base that on PM's I have gotten inquiring about the same thing.

All I can tell you the ones involved are near the end of this - the remainder on riding and working on others SPREADING THE WEALTH of ENTITLEMENT to them.
Come Oct when its Rally time in Ga again it really makes us (Deb and I) want to reconsider if we wish to take out vacation time - expense to go - thinking and knowing about less than 1/3rd participated in any of this but all want to suck off the hard work of others. Time for us to start thinking about this as I have offers to head to Costa Rica that same week and another week of vacation on top of that.

The SB 392 is headed to the House floor to get voted on and hopefully the extreme hard work of a few has paid off - YES they can still not present it and its totally dead for another year while metal sits and rots away and while the State starts looking up all the other MV's in the State to start voiding titles and registrations - in some sort of manner I wish that wake up call happens - on the other hand I hope this just goes through.

Done posting on this thread - it is what it is and you alone know why your ignoring any of this or responding as we know is right and what we should be doing - look in the mirror - the answer will not take long.

Donate if you still can - it is pitiful what we have asked of this lobbyist and the OUTSTAND performance they have provided for tidbits - along with Sen Gooch who has no dog in this fight but working hard for Swiss.

Yet alone Swiss who has his own business and more than gone out of his way with all the latter taking place and knowing it - just because it is the right thing to do.

DID YOU E MAIL YOUR GEORGIA HOUSE REP YET ?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I find it amazing that my op has turned into a 700+ comment post with a Senate Bill now pending a vote in the house. My family and I truly do appreciate all the hard work and time everyone has put Into this bill. Thank you
Kind of cool you started the original post :)

We are on the homestretch.

Big day tomorrow with meetings with the House Rules Committee Chairman to lobby to get this bill to the House floor for a vote.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to point out a members activites to support the cause that amazes me everytime I read one of his posts. Check out Robo's signature. He has faithfully updated the status of the bill and actions needed for over 45 days on a daily basis. To tell you the truth if I forget what is going on, I go and read his signature to get caught back up! More importantly he is not even living in the United States, WOW!

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/member.php?22348-Robo-McDuff

mtullis

This is a little bit off topic, but I would like to invite everyone to the Town of Mt Airy, GA Parade on April 19. If you would like to enter your military vehicle PM and I'll take care of it. Hopefully we can make it a victory parade.

undysworld

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a little history of our travels to date: Good road trip so far with only a few murphy appearances.

Actions

• Mar 11, 2014: House Committee Favorably Reported
  • Mar 5, 2014: House Second Readers
  • Mar 4, 2014: House First Readers
  • Mar 3, 2014: Senate Passed/Adopted
  • Mar 3, 2014: Senate Third Read
  • Feb 26, 2014: Senate Read Second Time
  • Feb 25, 2014: Senate Committee Favorably Reported
  • Feb 20, 2014: Senate Read and Referred
  • Feb 19, 2014: Senate Hopper

Votes

Vote DateDescriptionYeasNaysNot
Voting
Excused
Mar 3, 2014PASSAGE (Senate)48026

- See more at: http://legislativenavigator.myajc.com/#bills/SB/392

hardimpact

I reviewed SchoolHouse Rock a few more times, but still need a little clarification. Am I correct in thinking this bill will be put on a daily agenda to be voted on, and not just pop up at any time as a surprise? So we should have a little advanced notice?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I reviewed SchoolHouse Rock a few more times, but still need a little clarification. Am I correct in thinking this bill will be put on a daily agenda to be voted on, and not just pop up at any time as a surprise? So we should have a little advanced notice?
The Rules Committee determines if a Bill gets to the floor for vote. They also set schedule. I will have notice the same as the Senate vote when and if this gets to the floor.

How is the Representative calling coming folks? Need more reporting back we have over 150 districts in GA.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did get a PM inquiring about how donations are coming, We had about another $550 trickle in over the last few weeks for an approximate total of $3500. We could use some more as I was looking to make a few donations to campaigns of some key players.

Some members stepped up and have made multiple donations.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just searched the AZ DOT site, and I found nothing about this in writing. I also went to the Ariz. Mil. Veh. Collectors Club (AMVCC) http://www.armytrucks.org and I found nothing about this subject. But if it's true, then a separate thread needs to be started, IMHO.

Now, back to Georgia news...
I didn't post it to hi-jack the thread , but more as a reality check for those not wanting to get involved in the current fight in GA. If Ga residents don't stand up and support this it will make it that much easier for other states to restrict FMV's . The battles started in Wisconsin and the hard word done there to get change , has helped move the fight in GA. along much faster . Swiss , Zout and many others have put in a countless amount of time in getting these changes made in less than a year , they could have just as easy spent the with their families and other hobbies they enjoy . We all need to thank Swiss and the others in Ga. who have gave so much to get it where it is , along with thanking undysword and the rest in Wisconsin for leading the change there and their guildence in the fight in GA.

There is still time for GA. members to step up and made some phone calls and e-mails. And where ever you live there is still time to help with donations as your state could be the next state to refuse to title or plate MV's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks