• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

hardimpact

Sorry to keep asking questions, But I was on and off listening, did the Rules Committee just set the agenda for today with the bills that were brought up without objection? Are we on the floor today?

zout

I cannot hear squat off my work computer - no speakers so without anything presented like it was in the Senate and guessing from what your both saying - and guessing mind you - it passed the Rules Committee and moves to the House Floor for vote (those are those 180 group of folks on the link I posted above.

Waiting to hear from Swiss on the inside of thing for positive results -

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forget my last post, I have the live feed.

Don't know what it is, but twice I tuned into the live feeds (first Senate and now House), and both times I got dead bang into the middle of a sermon.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems to be a funny bunch there, this senator answering a technical question and going on to state that he also does not understand what he just said.

Ahh, the bell is back.

o1951

I contacted them all last night, and am getting responses similar to this:

Sims, Barbara (Barbara.Sims@house.ga.gov)
12:22 PM

To: me

Sent:Thu 3/13/14 12:22 PM
To:..............

Thank you for taking time to contact me with your suggestions and concerns. I appreciate hearing from my constituents and I am pleased to know you are making your voice count. I will do everything within my power to take into consideration your comments and ideas. However, due to the high volume of e-mails I receive every day, please understand if I do not reply to you directly at this time.

If you need immediate assistance, please contact my assistant, Jan Brown at 404-656-7855 or by e-mail: jan.brown@house.ga.gov

Thank you again for taking time to be involved and I do appreciate hearing from my constituents on matters of state government.

Yours in service,

Barbara Sims
District 123

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know how the system works but which .... ever thought up this idea that you can add completely unrelated amendments to a bill to try piggy backing the amendment through?
:soapbox:

Technical questions on that, just interested
- Can any chamber member add any amendment to any bill regardless?

- can that follow in the amendment getting the bill shot down?

- and if they are voted for separately, why bother with this habit.

Edit: this is just to help pass the time

Last edited:

o1951

On the national level, the way I understand it, they often attach some piece of **%*** that has no chance of passing on it's own to something they feel has support. Then the entire thing is voted on. If we look at US congress, because it is all or nothing, sometimes these amendments wind up killing good legislation.
The stuff they attach usually benefits some special interest group, or a few politically connected constituents of a particular legislator- called "bringing home the bacon", or PORK.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks