• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

zout

Members that are calling and e mailing - if you look at the Capital phone numbers as I mentioned above - some have the identical shared contacts except e mails. One secretary might be handling calls for up to 8 House members - this will eliminate some unnecessary calling - then just stick to the e mailing of each.

I know this is a daunting task and very time consuming - but this critical for these House rep's to be contacted and by as many as possible before Tuesday March 18th then they assemble for the last and final days.

Thank you all that are making the effort

FOR ZOUTS COOKOUT ACCESS PASS YOU NEED TO BRING AT LEAST 5 REPLY EMAILS WITH YOU TO GET IN THAT YOU RECEIVED FROM CALLING THESE HOUSE MEMBERS. :D:D:D IF YOU DON'T HAVE THEM YOU BETTER GET A REPLY BACK THEY RECEIVED IT AND PRINT IT.:D

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The following do not have to be contacted

Okay ALERT the following members of the Rules Committee are on our side, please remove them from your contact list. THEY DO NOT NEED TO BE CONTACTED

Meadows, John CHAIRMAN
Casas, David
Channell, Mickey
Cooper, Sharon
Jones, Jan
Lindsey, Edward
O`Neal, Larry
Parrish, Butch
Peake, Allen
Powell, Alan
Rice, Tom
Setzler, Ed
Sims, Barbara
Smith, Lynn
Stephens, Ron
Weldon, Tom
Willard, Wendell

The Bill is still in the House Rules Committee, The Rules Committee sets the rules, ie they set the legislative agenda for every day. It does not get to a vote of all the members unless the Rules Committee puts it on the AGENDA.

DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL THE ABOVE, THEY ARE ON OUR TEAM.

Nothing is happening until Tuesday, then things will start again with the Rules Committee looking at what Bills to put on the Agenda. This is normal stuff for the legislative bodies :(

zout

Look back one page members to post 839 & 840 the entire list with e mail and House phone numbers minus the members Swiss has listed (I removed those folks before posting the entire list)

IF you look close - there are only 58 House Members you need to call - all of these members either share their clerk or have a seperate number - you get the clerk and you reach ALL OF THEM in one wack - just remind the clerk to advise them all - the e mail address's of course are individual.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I just emailed everyone on Zout's list, minus the supporters. I will call who I can but I won't get to everyone, as I have meetings in Athens and Atlanta today.

zout

Georgia members - this cannot drop to page three here.

I had 17 e mail responses from members - reason for the other remainder minus the original 12 already on game for this eliminated.

Phone calls this afternoon to all House Members - to whom almost all share House Members in grouping - as mentioned this alone is only 59 calls.
This afternoon was the best as it was towards the end of the day and the secretary for the members were anxious like I was to end my day and end of the week - I had their undivided attention to know they shared offices - I knew their names (from the link I posted above) and we had some giggles over the phone and hopefully made some small impact to get them to help bring this to each House Rep attention we need this out of Rules and onto the House floor for a final vote before end of session.

CALL CALL CALL seems to work the best - e mails it appears are less watched and less noticed FWIW. But contact them all the same in which manner you can.

Just calling seems endless and you get the feeling it does not mean anything - it could not be lesser of a truth - it needs attention and this is the avenue to get it done.

Do you realize in a commercial you hear on tv or radio - if the phone number is not given 5 times the commercial is dead - and its statistically proven the commercial will die. SO CALL THEM PLEASE off the numbers given above for you.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout, let me see if I have this correct.

Your list gives district numbers and house numbers. If you call the district number, you will get a clerk who is fronting for one or more house members. SS Members should call the clerk with the message to support the Bill 392 and mention that it should be given to all house members the clerk is responsible for. In that way, you do not have to phone the individual members per their house phone numbers.

Also, do not call more than once per person but get your family, friends, or whoever you can convince to call as well. Double calls from one person do not help, just irritate. Call first, email next.

:wink: :wink: If you don't call AND email AND donate, you cannot come to Zout's cookout (or at least you will feel bad about it that you did not and you will get the unpeeled fried shrimps :hammer:) :wink: :wink:

Correct?

ps Zout, if you can edit your post 843, remove the "& 340" probably a typo for another post #

zout

The Capital House phone contacts are the best while their in session - those are the 404 - 656 %%%% numbers. Calling the smaller list of given district numbers gets you sent back to the Capital House number anyhow.

Calling off this list LOOK at the last 4 digits of the numbers
ending in 7859 - 0325 - 0287 0 0202 - 0188 etc etc etc once you have called them the first time off the list starting top to bottom you'll start seeing that same exchange again - same person but have up 6 to 8 reps in their office. She will tell you HEY YOU JUST CALLED ME.
So print the list - just go down and color in when the number starts getting duplicated and triplicated etc.

Calling 59 was a lot easier than e mailing 181 of them.

o1951

As stated, phone calls are best. E-mails better than not doing anything.

For anyone who is not a computer expert, when you e-mail, you can kinda automate it, and it will go fast.
Take the list Swiss e-mails you and delete any names that are in post 842.
Type out and send your first letter.
Go to your e-mail sent folder, open the letter you just sent, and click on the 2 little boxes top right of screen to half size letter. Do the same with Swiss's list, so they are side by side.
Hit reply on letter.
Delete the send to name, cut and paste next e-mail address on Swiss's list.
Delete the name in body of letter, and paste or type in next name.
Send it.
Remove name and e-mail from your list so you do not accidently mail same person twice.

Repeat above. Quick check that your letter has not gotten messed up. Occasionally I got an extra space between my name and address, so I had to remove it.
You just sent an individual, personalized e-mail to everyone in a short time.

Last edited:

zout

If I were a smart fella I could go back and read all of this thread that OP started and see just how many Georgia folks are actually responding - that is if they felt like posting anything as well as I know some just are incognito and just do it.

So I am pressure washing Swiss's cargo cover and in between having to sit down at times I have the FULL PHONE LIST OF ONLY 59 House Members that need to be called and my neighbor says - HEY CAN I HELP YOU AND MAKE CALLS - not hard to figure out what I told him as he sat this afternoon making the 59 calls - did he e mail them - NO but he called and he has absolutely no dog in this fight but did it for me - I also have other folks like many here making calls and e mails and I thank you.

We have Sunday and Monday as days ahead to get these calls into their offices - at least leave a FULL MESSAGE and Swiss presented a perfect example of what to e mail and a shorter version of what to say - JUST MAKE THE CALL PLEASE.

If I could collect all my neighbors dogs that piss and crap all over my yard and get them to make calls that could be understood I would because this is how desperate and important this is these last final days. WHOOF BARK BARK

aczlan

Members that are calling and e mailing - if you look at the Capital phone numbers as I mentioned above - some have the identical shared contacts except e mails. One secretary might be handling calls for up to 8 House members - this will eliminate some unnecessary calling - then just stick to the e mailing of each.
9 in one case...
Apparently, I am overly bored tonight...
Attached is a PDF of the spreadsheet with their names, emails, districts, party, phone numbers and the name of their House Staff person.
I sorted the list by House Phone# (minus the ones that Swiss said don't need calls) so that you can see what representatives each staff member handles calls for at a glance.
You should be able to reach all of them in 48 phone calls and the list should be easy to follow for anyone you send it to.
View attachment 2014_HouseMember_PublicInfo_021114.pdf
Example emails from Swiss and hndrsonj
Great Example E-Mail from HendersonJ
Sir,
I am writing this note to show my support for SB 392 which concerns the registration/titling of former Military Vehicles in the State of Georgia. I have been stationed in Georgia (Marietta) for 8 of my last 23 Active Duty years and plan to return when I retire from the Navy in December of this year. As an avid Military Vehicle collector I am very concerned about this passing and ask your support of this legislation which will affect a lot of Georgia residents if not passed. Please support this bill and bring it to the floor for a vote this session.
Thanks,

V/R,

AMCS(AW) Jim Henderson
NOSC Cheyenne SEL
5609 Randall Ave Bldg 245
Cheyenne, WY 82005-2207
Another idea for a template

Distinguished Committee Members,

I am asking for your support on Senate Bill 392 to allow this bill to get to the floor for a vote of the full House. Why it is important to you.

Name
Address
Phone

Aaron Z

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Capital House phone contacts are the best while their in session - those are the 404 - 656 %%%% numbers. Calling the smaller list of given district numbers gets you sent back to the Capital House number anyhow.

Calling off this list LOOK at the last 4 digits of the numbers
ending in 7859 - 0325 - 0287 0 0202 - 0188 etc etc etc once you have called them the first time off the list starting top to bottom you'll start seeing that same exchange again - same person but have up 6 to 8 reps in their office. She will tell you HEY YOU JUST CALLED ME.
So print the list - just go down and color in when the number starts getting duplicated and triplicated etc.

Calling 59 was a lot easier than e mailing 181 of them.
Thanks and bump

zout

Georgia Members - have you called all House of Representatives this weekend ?
The house meets again Tuesday the 18 and this all ends the 20th - have you called or emailed this weekend ?

FWIW - anything newer than 1986 just might not be legal to drive to the COOKOUT and to the BS/CS run unless you call and advise all the info given to you to vote YES on it and get it unlocked out of the Rules Committee before Wed - from then it can get to the House floor for a final vote - Did I mention - HAVE YOU CALLED ?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Georgia Members - have you called all House of Representatives this weekend ?
The house meets again Tuesday the 18 and this all ends the 20th - have you called or emailed this weekend ?

FWIW - anything newer than 1986 just might not be legal to drive to the COOKOUT and to the BS/CS run unless you call and advise all the info given to you to vote YES on it and get it unlocked out of the Rules Committee before Wed - from then it can get to the House floor for a final vote - Did I mention - HAVE YOU CALLED ?
Nothing to add except bump

zout

Did you ever have that kind of day or morning - when you had your radio on and you hear a tune playing that you had not heard in a long time or something you had not heard before - and the entire rest of the day that tune kept playing in your head and you could not shake it off.

Well - between today and tomorrow morning we have a final chance to stick SB 392 in the House of Representatives minds so its something they remember and cannot shake off when they go to work tomorrow and the rest of this week.

Just call your local District House of Rep if you have not done so - just type them an e mail if you have not done so - at least contact ONE MORE Representative between now and tomorrow morning - it just may be the one we need humming that tune at the Capital - VOTE YES ON SB 392 to get it up for vote.

thx

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like some High schoolers are tacking onto our bill. Taking about SB392 right now

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am scheduled to get a call later today with some facts. They are meeting to determine which bills are going to the floor.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just happened to check in, and heard the head guy(RICE) talking about SB392. I haven't heard anything else( I have the audio running in the backround.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks