• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

zout

The ammendment passed from House Rep Ramsey who was the rep who introduced it along with the ammendment to the Rules Committee Monday folks.

House Rep Epps is who introduced it today to the House floor for its FINAL READING

BOTH PASSED uncontested - goes to the Governor now for signing - which he can take 6 months to complete or sign it immediately as I understand it.

zout

Georgia
Governor must sign or veto legislation within six days of passage during session (40 days after sine die adjournment), or it becomes law without signature.
Georgia Governor must sign or veto Legislation within six days of passage during session (40 days after sine die adjournment) or it becomes law without signature.

auctionaddict

I sold my m944a1 to a man in Dallas GA yesterday. Gave him my AZ title from GL.
Told him to wait before he tagged it, as they were working on a bill.
He just text me and said he went to the tag office and they gave him a tag ! Hopefully they wont ask for it back !

zout

If it didn;t pass there were more than just him going to loose registrations and titles in the very near furture. If you were following along you would have caught why it got nudged through - but it still would not have been legal till SB 392 just passed.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Missed the actual vote, we took the grandchildren for their weekly swimming course and just came back.

Anyway:
smiley thumbs up.jpg smiley thumbs up 4.jpg smiley thumbs up 2.jpg smiley thumbs up 3.jpg

smiley thumbs up 54.jpg smiley thumbs up 6.jpg

zout

Last minute history for those that missed it:
House Rep Ramsey introduced SB 392 before the Rules Comittee Monday the 17th.
Shows the House Chairman putting it on the House floor agenda to be voted on (today)

House Chairman introducing SB 392 today
House Rep Epps introducing and yielding the floor for questions - 1st was about insurance and HE told him to go talk to SWBRADlY as there has already been a thread about this (hahahhahaha)
Do not know the name of the second house rep who actually and politely answered the Insurance question for House Rep Epps - but there was still something about I will ban you if you ask again (from SWBRADLEY)

Went up for vote along with House rep Ramsey ammendment which was very simple - and the tally says - YA ALL PASS GEORGIANSIMG00128.jpgIMG00129.jpgIMG00130.jpgIMG00131.jpgIMG00132.jpgIMG00133.jpgIMG00134.jpgIMG00135.jpgIMG00136.jpg

zout

Question for ya all - did that Rules Committee Chairman look like Alan ALda off Mash or what - spoke just like him as well -= but a lot frickin older

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a day in history for the SS community and larger MV community. This result demonstrates the power of the people and the importance of lending a hand to help others to reach a larger goal. What a team and we could not have done this without each of you that stood up to make a difference.

I would work with any of you on any key projects !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we have won the battle but clean up begins.

1.) Have to finalize the issue of getting the governor to sign, working on that
2.) The GA Dept of Motor Vehicles has to make changes to the title process and title documents
3.) The GA Dept of Motor Vehicles has to educate all the locations on these changes

I will be getting some feedback later from the Dept of Motor Vehicles on the timeframe and steps. So for now you can't walk in and get a title yet but I will keep everyone posted when you can.

Did anybody record the time that the bill passed? Zout look at the time stamp on your pictures?

Last edited:

zout

OP -MTULLIS - this one's for you BRO.

SO I am on my way home and my cell goes off - Matt Bornhorse from the Gwinnett Tag office calls me.
Anyone that does not know - this is where I first took my paperwork to get a title and register the truck - the personnel sent it to this first person up the line in management.

HE CALLS ME - he remembers my name - he has pulled the BIG file I previously sent him 6 months ago and has been watching SB 392 throughout its process as its ends results has to deal with his office.
Once he can see the Governor has signed the Bill he will advise me from the paperwork sent him and still saved what he can do to make the M909 the FIRST TITLED AND REGISTERED MV in Ga under the new law.

For those that do not know - do you realize it takes upwards of FOUR YEARS for a Senate Bill to pass though the process it just did in about 6 months time ???????????????? sit and think about that please.

SWISS has done an outstanding performance though connections and OUR lobbyist YOU help support - it is not me by any means - people that know his integrity and morals supported him and backed him.

Be ready for a ZOUTS blowout cookout

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just look at my post with the screenshot. 13:33 CDT

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm starting a "Swiss for President" movement!

He will run as an independent "MV Party Candidate".

Zout can run as VP and I wanna be head dog catcher. (I like dogs)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks